The Klipsch Audio Community
joessportster

tube techs or hobbyist willing to do mod ?

1 hour ago, rplace said:

couldn't conceive of a world where general motors would go out of business

Yeah, I'm with you there and feel for those who got steamrolled.

When I speak to groups or individuals, I need to come up with some stories/illustrations and GM was always the one I used.....wasn't there an old adage "As goes GM, so goes the country"  or something similar?

I have since needed to alter my story that went back to GM and in truth, every now & then if I'm not thinking about what I'm saying (being a creature of habit), I'll find myself telling a story and all the sudden I'm referring to GM......  

NOW, I have to pivot mid-story and somehow make their demise part of my original point (which it was no part of)

Side benefit....  it tends to keep me on my toes and adaptable to the situation.

• Like 1

Joe, 

That light blue photographed resistor is 10 Ohms, 3 Watts power rated, and has a 5% tolerance.

Jeff

7 hours ago, Schu said:

you have to stop using 'Ground' for anything but the most insignificant and shipping that isn't really time sensitive... the longer the item is in the shipper, any shipper, possession... the worst the outcome can possibly be.

Use 'Express' and use over night.

I am inherently CHEAP, Though I will pay a FAIR price for a service or item, I sometimes labor over the decision. I 100 percent agree that the longer ANY shipper has a product the higher the chances of damage.  For me though Its another nail in the coffin of my continued activity in the hobby. Though it has been said before the aggravation of dealing with some of the people I have run into lately, The expenses of shipping, hearing loss, health issues, ETC... I have a plan to pull way back and enjoy what I have

22 hours ago, MechEngVic said:

Would love to see pic of those amps...

C Dyn 4.PNG

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 9:36 AM, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

Hi Joe !!

You realize, spending money for the auto bias mod will not change the sound of the amp, for the better, one iota??  

Proper mods, spent on upgrading specific parts, or power supply enhancements, will .

Is that amp and circuit ultimately worth modding, VS, say, maybe a new pair of QuickSilver Mid-Monos or a Carver Crimson 275 ???

Jeff

Pretty much what I said......of course the guy selling the product begs to differ.

On 2/27/2020 at 3:45 PM, tube fanatic said:

Joe, given how easy it is to manually bias, and how infrequently it needs to be done, are you sure you want to make such a substantial investment?  

Maynard

exactly what I said