patrician 30" woofers 2500 each

Speakerfritz

22 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Those cones are Styrofoam and are no longer available and have not been for many years

I know where 5 of these drivers and 5 potential re cone kits are sitting.  Unfortunately the guy is a hoarder, once he hears that there would be a need, the price would double if not triple.  I used to get my OEM EV diagrams for my K77s from him until he found out there was a market for them.  He even has a couple of 15wks, but unfortunately replaced the voice coils with 8 ohm versions as he did believe there was a difference.  He knew that the K stood for Klipsch, but didn't see why they needed to be 4 ohm voice coils.  Great place to go and rummage, I am worried that when he passes on, these treasures he has in his facility (there is more than I can explain) goes to the wrong hands.  A picture I took years ago for just example. 

Rainbow.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I know where 5 of these drivers and 5 potential re cone kits are sitting.  Unfortunately the guy is a hoarder, once he hears that there would be a need, the price would double if not triple.  I used to get my OEM EV diagrams for my K77s from him until he found out there was a market for them.  He even has a couple of 15wks, but unfortunately replaced the voice coils with 8 ohm versions as he did believe there was a difference.  He knew that the K stood for Klipsch, but didn't see why they needed to be 4 ohm voice coils.  Great place to go and rummage, I am worried that when he passes on, these treasures he has in his facility (there is more than I can explain) goes to the wrong hands.  A picture I took years ago for just example. 

Rainbow.jpg

Dude!

I got some PWK corner horn embosied dust caps and he oriented then so they are exactly straight up at 12 o clock when they are mounted inside a Klipschorn, even though they can't be seen from outside !! I brought the pair to Pigramige a few years back to show every body in person !!  Ft. Wayne is 1.5 hours away from me, but he does all of my reconing.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

8 minutes ago, babadono said:

Do yourself a favor, build a horn loaded sub with a 15" woofer. You'll move more air with less distortion than this 30" woofer ever did.

This is true, but not by as much as say as several 15 inchers mounted as direct radiators would have! It is woofer X-Mas that causes distortion...

Roger

8 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  Better yet, a 21" in a skram sub. 

Chris!

This is exactly why I intend to have Carl build me an F-20 for my daughters set-up eventually. Planning to purchase a woofer for it after Pilgramige, so I have the right one after I buy Veneer just in case they stop making it.

Rog

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 1:02 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

This is true, but not by as much as say as several 15 inchers mounted as direct radiators would have! It is woofer X-Mas that causes distortion...

Roger

Have to disagree with this. One 15" woofer in my S-MWM's is WAY more than the 904 bass bins I have in my shop right now. Side by side comparison and the 904's lose and not by just a little. Now 4-15" woofers might get there but the sound is muddier and yes I have some 415 bass bins here that I have compared them to. I think the 415's would have greater db output perhaps but I will never know since I am not turning either all the way up.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Have to disagree with this. One 15" woofer in my S-MWM's is WAY more than the 904 bass bins I have in my shop right now. Side by side comparison and the 904's lose and not by just a little. Now 4-15" woofers might get there but the sound is muddier and yes I have some 415 bass bins here that I have compared them to. I think the 415's would have greater db output perhaps but I will never know since I am not turning either all the way up.

Dave,

Reread what I said, I was referring to the fact that a single driver in a horn has less x-mas than several direct radiators and therefore has less distortion at the same output level.

Rog