My avr: Denon AVRX1400H 7.2-Kanal AV-Receiver
My Sub: R-112sw

I wanted to buy following things:
1x rp-400c center
2x rp-400m main speakers
2x rp-402s surrounds 
2x rp500sa dolby atmos

The question :
-Is my avr strong enough? (I ll never use it to the max loudness)
-Does this products work well together
-About the dolby atmos speakers: i rarely watch an movie with dolby atmos - will the speaker still make some effect noises ( i would put them on the ceiling)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Makidaki said:

About the dolby atmos speakers: i rarely watch an movie with dolby atmos - will the speaker still make some effect noises ( i would put them on the ceiling)

Yes, they certainly will make some great "effect noises", even without native Dolby Atmos or DTS-X sources. The reason being that you will be using the Dolby Atmos upmixer on anything from 2 channel stereo up to 7.1 multi-channel Dolby audio tracks to upmix to all your speakers in your Dolby Atmos setup. And in the case of DTS audio tracks, you'll use the Neural X upmixer to upmix to all your speakers. In my personal experience, both the Dolby Atmos and the DTS-X upmixers work great for movies and TV Shows and are totally worth the investment, and the Dolby Atmos upmixer even works great for music if you turn the center spread on.

PS: And yes, this receiver should be more than capable of handling your proposed speaker setup...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the Klipsch forums!

You have picked out nice speakers that will work well with your AVR.

Let me focus on the center speaker, because I think it is the most important speaker you have.  Ninety percent of TV/movies is dialog and 90% of dialog comes out of the center speaker.  I suggest you build your speaker system from the inside out, center, mains, sub, surround, Atmos.

Everybody lives within a budget.  I am going to throw out some prices in USD from Amazon.  My strongest advice is for you to get the best center speaker you can afford.

RP-400C - $275 (your choice)

RP-440C - $369

RP-500C - $424

RP-450C - $499 (last year's model of the current 504C)

RP-600C - $574  (probably the second best one on this list)

RP-504c - $750 (probably the best one on this list)

And there are a couple of models above that in price. but I'll stop there.

I own the RC-64 III.  I own the RP-600M (similar to the 600C, above )

591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/29/2020 at 2:29 AM, wvu80 said:

Welcome to the Klipsch forums!

You have picked out nice speakers that will work well with your AVR.

Let me focus on the center speaker, because I think it is the most important speaker you have.  Ninety percent of TV/movies is dialog and 90% of dialog comes out of the center speaker.  I suggest you build your speaker system from the inside out, center, mains, sub, surround, Atmos.

Everybody lives within a budget.  I am going to throw out some prices in USD from Amazon.  My strongest advice is for you to get the best center speaker you can afford.

RP-400C - $275 (your choice)

RP-440C - $369

RP-500C - $424

RP-450C - $499 (last year's model of the current 504C)

RP-600C - $574  (probably the second best one on this list)

RP-504c - $750 (probably the best one on this list)

And there are a couple of models above that in price. but I'll stop there.

I own the RC-64 III.  I own the RP-600M (similar to the 600C, above )

591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg

if i want 70db will both of them use the same wattage or will the 500 use (example) 100watt and the 600 - 90watt

Is this the right product ?

E22D34A9-C943-4D66-85C6-AB3AF0012578.png

14 hours ago, Makidaki said:

if i want 70db will both of them use the same wattage or will the 500 use (example) 100watt and the 600 - 90watt

Is this the right product ?

E22D34A9-C943-4D66-85C6-AB3AF0012578.png

I like my center channel to have drivers in that 6 to 7 centimeter range.  I think voices sound best that way.  The RP-600C looks like the best choice of the ones you listed.

In terms of the watts, the speakers do not really care about exactly matching those numbers.  Any modern AVR with 80 wpc ore more will do a good job.

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I like my center channel to have drivers in that 6 to 7 centimeter range.  I think voices sound best that way.  The RP-600C looks like the best choice of the ones you listed.

In terms of the watts, the speakers do not really care about exactly matching those numbers.  Any modern AVR with 80 wpc ore more will do a good job.

great answer

On 6/29/2020 at 8:56 AM, Makidaki said:

about the wattage

do they consume same wattage on 70db

If a Klipsch speaker like my RP-600M's are rated for 100 watts per channel, they don't "use" that much power, that is how much power they can handle before distortion kicks in.  I am being very general here because Klipsch engineers say that whatever they are rated for they can usually handle double that.

So if I am listening to my 100 watt speakers on my 100 watt AVR at conversational levels they might be drawing 10 watts.  If I turn it up REALLY loud to 80 db they might be drawing 30 watts continuous.  The AVR keeps a reserve so the music can have dynamics.  Still the speakers can handle it.

Your speakers and mine might draw as much wattage as a light bulb, not much power at all.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 4:28 AM, wvu80 said:

If a Klipsch speaker like my RP-600M's are rated for 100 watts per channel, they don't "use" that much power, that is how much power they can handle before distortion kicks in.  I am being very general here because Klipsch engineers say that whatever they are rated for they can usually handle double that.

So if I am listening to my 100 watt speakers on my 100 watt AVR at conversational levels they might be drawing 10 watts.  If I turn it up REALLY loud to 80 db they might be drawing 30 watts continuous.  The AVR keeps a reserve so the music can have dynamics.  Still the speakers can handle it.

Your speakers and mine might draw as much wattage as a light bulb, not much power at all.

Wow thanks for the nice reply

i am gonna now buy following speakers

Rp 600c

rp 600m

Rp 502s

rp 500sa

but i got one last question

should i go with the

rp500c and rp500m so i got all speakers 500

or is it okay if i go 600 for center and main and the surrounds 500

thank you so much for your help guys

31 minutes ago, Makidaki said:

should i go with the

rp500c and rp500m so i got all speakers 500

or is it okay if i go 600 for center and main and the surrounds 500

The bigger the better.  The RP-600C and RP-600M will make an outstanding L/C/R, much better then the 500 series, which will make good surround speakers.

I own the 600M.  I love the sound.  Center is an Usher MTM with 7" woofers.

1140702457_RP-600Mlivingroomseascene_400.thumb.jpg.a098e471533630c61e1e9e9c62275f67.jpg