Emotiva A -100 bas x

H-D Rider

I enjoyed it for how affordable it was and drove my sennheiser HD650 Headphones nicely.   Overall I felt the sound was a bit thin and sterile sounding up top (this was internally bridged and through headphones only).  I think great value for the money.   Hard to be super picky in this price range.  I found the compromises more than acceptable.   

4 hours ago, H-D Rider said:

Anyone Have one ? , What do you think of it .  Just bought one for our camper to run some heresy pro`s .  50w @ 8 ohms  80 w @ 4 ohms  nice and compact .

I had the Mini-X A-100 Amplifier for a few years. I think that was the first gen model. Great amp for the money and drove my Belle's with ease as well as my reference gear. Only sold it due to down sizing from 7.2 to 5.2 and freed up some channels on my other amps. Been a while since I sold it but IIRC, I think @Rivernuggets bought it from me.

• Thanks 2

Its a very very solid kit. 

Dave Harris and I have owned 4-5 of these over the years.
Its a class AB amp with a linear power supply. Has an opp amp on the front end to get the drive it needs. 

Its very hard to fault this amp, esp at its price point. 

One to the things I liked most was the auto-on/off makes for easy installs for the family.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

I would say buy, nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell, and actually does put out wpc as advertised. Great deal 

I am using two in a bi amped active crossover 2 Ch setup and NO noise at all. No noise or hiss at all, and this is on speakers that are well over 100 Db with one watt and a huge horn which would exaggerate any noise.

I was using a different set of amps which had started to hum, at the amp not the speaker and I got these as a temporary fix until I figured out what I wanted. Well they worked so well I kept them. 

For what you want to use them for it's perfect, they are well built according to a friend in the business..........I didn't know.

Pic of the inside

speakers.gif

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 2/29/2020 at 2:11 PM, H-D Rider said:

Well Eldon , We will get to rock this out back at Rodney`s - If Brandon doesn`t drowned me out . 😉

Well it is Brandon, his nickname from his brother Kevin is 2 more db's.

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 hours ago, H-D Rider said:

Update , I have the amp up and running in the camper Heresy pro`s outside It rocks . What a great bargain amp .

It really is, I think it's overlooked because of the price and some just don't like the brand, but the performance is find, I fine no problems with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1