Corona has vanished!

geoff.

1.170 Coronavirus infected in Germany, 2 have died, all events over 1.000 people will be cancelled, also football matches will take place without audience, the borders in Europe, especially to Italy ( 9.172 infected and 366 deaths ), will be closed.  The situation in Europe is becoming more serious ..

13 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

1.170 Coronavirus infected in Germany, 2 have died, all events over 1.000 people will be cancelled, also football matches will take place without audience, the borders in Europe, especially to Italy ( 9.172 infected and 366 deaths ), will be closed.  The situation in Europe is becoming more serious ..

This is not directed to you but is this shocking in any manner? 

We can clearly see what is happening in other countries and it will happen here.  Contrary to what we are told, we are not special and in fact we are collectively relatively lazy and ignorant.  Watch the BBC, Canadian new, Australian news, or Al Jazeera if you want a perspective from the outside. 

Cases are spiking here as some testing is now occurring, expect the numbers to rise very rapidly.  I see 15,000 new cases worldwide since Friday on the Johns Hopkins site.  2.5 days.

8 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

This is not directed to you but is this shocking in any manner? 

We can clearly see what is happening in other countries and it will happen here.  Contrary to what we are told, we are not special and in fact we are collectively relatively lazy and ignorant.  Watch the BBC, Canadian new, Australian news, or Al Jazeera if you want a perspective from the outside. 

Cases are spiking here as some testing is now occurring, expect the numbers to rise very rapidly.  I see 15,000 new cases worldwide since Friday on the Johns Hopkins site.  2.5 days.

It is not shocking, it was to be expected and we will probably reach similar dimensions as the "SARS" virus in 2003.

7 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I haven't been following it too closely ... there are at least two cases in my town though.

Twitter was ablaze with criticism of President Trump for saying that the death rate was 1% folks on twitter are saying it's four percent (based on USA statistics).  Given the varying medical facilities, procedures, and restrictions, I wonder how to determine an accurate "overall" fatality rate or if that is even possible or applicable?

Given the numbers posted above, 1170 cases in Germany and only two deaths isn't 4%

can we compare or it silly to even try?

4 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

So far the only effect on me from this Corona virus is low bank interest. But there could be a multitude of issues forthcoming.

JJK

In Germany there has been no interest on bank balances for a long time. Thanks to the monetary policy of the ECB, it is better to spend it .56.gif

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

I haven't been following it too closely ... there are at least two cases in my town though.

Twitter was ablaze with criticism of President Trump for saying that the death rate was 1% folks on twitter are saying it's four percent (based on USA statistics).  Given the varying medical facilities, procedures, and restrictions, I wonder how to determine an accurate "overall" fatality rate or if that is even possible or applicable?

Given the numbers posted above, 1170 cases in Germany and only two deaths isn't 4%

every year more people in Germany die of an ordinary flu. One should relativize the virus, but what makes it so dangerous we do not know yet, worldwide researchers are working on vaccines. I hope they have rapid results.

Just now, MicroMara said:

every year more people in Germany die of an ordinary flu. One should relativize the virus, but what makes it so dangerous we do not know yet, worldwide researchers are working on vaccines. I hope they have rapid results.

read this morning, some folks in Texas claim to have a vaccine ready for testing.  Depending on how quickly the government allows them, they estimate 12 months away with a worst case scenario being 18 months away from being available to the public. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

No one knows the true death rate because no one knows exactly how many people are affected and how many people that have it and don't know it that live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

No one knows the true death rate because no one knows exactly how many people are affected and how many people that have it and don't know it that live.

I agree, but tell that to the yahoos on twitter -- they seem to have it all figured out.