Corona has vanished!

geoff.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I haven't been following it too closely ... there are at least two cases in my town though.

Twitter was ablaze with criticism of President Trump for saying that the death rate was 1% folks on twitter are saying it's four percent (based on USA statistics).  Given the varying medical facilities, procedures, and restrictions, I wonder how to determine an accurate "overall" fatality rate or if that is even possible or applicable?

Given the numbers posted above, 1170 cases in Germany and only two deaths isn't 4%

can we compare or it silly to even try?

Germans are manly men, not soft like in US. Can't make comparison.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's been nice knowing you, out of a can ?   Hope not, not because of a disease but for your taste buds. 

of course not.  sauce out of a jar.  pasta was in a packet that you put in the microwave to steam it.  had some pre-cooked meatballs that I put in this steamer to heat up (I can't fry things and am not patient enough to heat something in the oven).  Dinner was a success ... for me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NADman said:

5% of people who are diagnosed with Covid require artificial respiration. Another 15% need to breathe in highly concentrated oxygen -

Not sure how you 'highly' concentrate oxygen but I do know, from years of owning a fabricating shop, that it helps with hangovers.

Took  Delta charter there in 78.

As Ian Fleming said there was an oxygen machine at the airport...may have fed it a couple of quarters. Helped!

If what's going on elsewhere is an indicator maybe it will only last three months!

But three months is past in china since it started in December, maybe four or five.

Keep your hands off of your faces, most of you aren't twenty and worth a second glance anyhow!

Yea like that would stop me if my eye got itchy from the pollen.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

(I can't fry things

That might not be a bad thing, it's about the most dangerous way to cook, especially if it's a naked bachelor. :huh:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, JohnJ said:

Keep your hands off of your faces, most of you aren't twenty and worth a second glance anyhow!

Most true statement said all day !  You won

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Question - 

Many cities/states etc now have laws in place requiring that masks be worn in public places. And nearly all of those places have people willing to risk covid19 to preserve their choice to not comply with a mask ‘law’. Certainly some of those maskless souls have health insurance. The question is this: If someone who refuses to wear a mask in violation of the law contracts covid19 and requires costly care can their health insurance carrier deny them coverage (assuming the insurer knows this for certain)?

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Question - 

Many cities/states etc now have laws in place requiring that masks be worn in public places. And nearly all of those places have people willing to risk covid19 to preserve their choice to not comply with a mask ‘law’. Certainly some of those maskless souls have health insurance. The question is this: If someone who refuses to wear a mask in violation of the law contracts covid19 and requires costly care can their health insurance carrier deny them coverage (assuming the insurer knows this for certain)?

the Insurance policy covers the person , if and when , he contracted the policy , the insurance cie did not specify that wearing masks or not could be deemed as a breach  of any contract  ----the coverage could not be denied -

I can imagine , an instance where an insurance cie would deny coverage because of such an event , the proof would have to be extremely  solid and there is practically very little way to prove exactly , where , when , why , who , what was effectively the source of the infection - and in  reaching with  the Courts , it could be a very costly settlement , the current numbers of covid 19  infections  are staggering  and it would lead to so many counter suits , the Justice system would be so swamped , it would take years to clear the backlog - 

• Like 1