Corona has vanished!

geoff.

45 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Hy Bosco , long time no speak -

the Insurance policy covers the person , if and when , he contracted the policy , the insurance cie did not specify that wearing masks or not could be deemed as a breach  of any contract  ----the coverage could not be denied -

I can imagine , an instance where an insurance cie would deny coverage because of such an event , the proof would have to be extremely  solid and there is practically very little way to prove exactly , where , when , why , who , what was effectively the source of the infection - and in  reaching with  the Courts , it could be a very costly settlement , the current numbers of covid 19  infections  are staggering  and it would lead to so many counter suits , the Justice system would be so swamped , it would take years to clear the backlog - 

The question is more specific as to whether the policy required adherence to laws enacted for public health management. Another example would be not wearing a helmet in a state where helmets are required by law. 

In my experience the insurance industry finds any reason to void policies when claims are on the table. If you flagrantly violate a law and insodoing bring harm to yourself I could easily see the denial of benefits.

Strikes me as kind of easy to see both sides of that argument.

Could they then take it further.....  'you didn't wash your hands soon enough after getting home from the store"  (as though there'd be any way to know)

I recall years/decades ago, hearing some lament from people yearning to have life as it might once have been.....say in the 50's / 60's....  now the lament is for life to be as it was last December/January (or prior to whenever this thing first hit us)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Question - 

Many cities/states etc now have laws in place requiring that masks be worn in public places. And nearly all of those places have people willing to risk covid19 to preserve their choice to not comply with a mask ‘law’. Certainly some of those maskless souls have health insurance. The question is this: If someone who refuses to wear a mask in violation of the law contracts covid19 and requires costly care can their health insurance carrier deny them coverage (assuming the insurer knows this for certain)?

I don't think so.  I looked briefly at the general exclusions in a BCBS policy.  Notably excluded are medical care expenses required as a result of an accident from DWI, treatment required due to use of illegal narcotics or controlled substances, and taking part in a riot.

9 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

The question is more specific as to whether the policy required adherence to laws enacted for public health management. Another example would be not wearing a helmet in a state where helmets are required by law. 

In my experience the insurance industry finds any reason to void policies when claims are on the table. If you flagrantly violate a law and insodoing bring harm to yourself I could easily see the denial of benefits.

all insurance policies are in accordance with applicable public laws ,and they require compliance by the holder of the policy , period , no exceptions , ,  but so far , in the news ,  a case where there was a denial of  coverage based on the fact that a mask law existed   ,  nothing yet  -

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I don't think this is correct.

It’s all outside my acumen. I wondered about all of these very public anti mask protesters and whether they’d be exposing themselves to such scrutiny. I know that a business in violation of mask ordinances can face consequences so I see no reason why individuals should not face similar perils. I know that people intentionally trying to spread active covid19 disease have faced legal troubles. 

16 hours ago, richieb said:

Tempting the Moderator Gods I see? And from the 🥜  gallery them my best as this latent thread is only resurrected for ultimate doom - 🤡🍿

not at  all -same thing here -

I thought all this wuhan crap was done. The two sides here have clearly stated they do not believe each other and it is time to knock it off and go back to being a Klipsch forum. It was so nice to not have this stuff brought up for a few days. Moderators will you PLEASE kill this thread!

9 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I thought all this wuhan crap was done. The two sides here have clearly stated they do not believe each other and it is time to knock it off and go back to being a Klipsch forum. It was so nice to not have this stuff brought up for a few days. Moderators will you PLEASE kill this thread!

1.  You don't have to read it.

2.  You can create a more popular thread.

Problem solved!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coytee said:

I recall years/decades ago, hearing some lament from people yearning to have life as it might once have been.....say in the 50's / 60's....  now the lament is for life to be as it was last December/January (or prior to whenever this thing first hit us)

I can see the sensationalist headline now: “Nostalgia Kills!” lol

I don’t know if I would go back to December or January though, whether it was the flu or “?!” several people I have spoken with were severely afflicted with “something” during that timeframe.

For me it was December, I recall thinking that if I wasn’t about to be on two weeks holiday I would have burned a couple lieu days I was going to carryover to the next year. A co-worker took his first sick day in forever in January and made a point of doing nothing for the rest of the week.

In both cases it started with a sudden sore throat and was followed by a complete lack of energy. Like nothing we had experienced. 

Here’s the thing, we both work service for the hospitality industry. Lots of exposure people coming and going.

My co-worker has sent a blood sample off to Atlanta(?), I think, where they are testing to see if people have had the virus. He was told to expect results later this month.

This will be interesting.

8 minutes ago, geoff. said:

In both cases it started with a sudden sore throat and was followed by a complete lack of energy. Like nothing we had experienced. 

are you waiting for these results to get tested yourself -

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

1.  You don't have to read it.

2.  You can create a more popular thread.

Problem solved!

No one can look away from a train wreck. 

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yeah, there are only two sides.  There can only be two sides. 

Yes, and each side believes the other is wrong, and stupid, and ugly, and insulting, and...

spy-vs-spy.jpg.580b405138821b771d90dd4784866614.jpg

• Like 1

There isn’t much to discuss at this point. The critter is loose. I feared covid19 when it was 1st reported in China. Now I fear the stunningly stubborn stupidity of humanity and it’s not just an American phenomenon. All that’s remains is to observe.

Just now, Bosco-d-gama said:

There isn’t much to discuss at this point. The critter is loose. I feared covid19 when it was 1st reported in China. Now I fear the stunningly stubborn stupidity of humanity and it’s not just an American phenomenon. All that’s remains is to observe.

Welcome to my generation (apologies to the who).