Corona has vanished!

geoff.

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Welcome to my generation (apologies to the who).

don't apologize to them ... they've been living off the false narrative that they are one of the best rock bands.  If Fleetwood Mac and Bruce Springsteen weren't hogging up so much space, I'd have The Who on my most overrated list. 

I'll take the "Guess Who" over "the Who" any day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

There are a lot of groups who are worse than The Who. 

yes, that is correct ... but that doesn't make them good either.  They're like the horse that finished in the middle of the pack ... they weren't the worst, but they didn't win either. 

a lot of people like them though and good for them. 

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

don't apologize to them ... they've been living off the false narrative that they are one of the best rock bands.  If Fleetwood Mac and Bruce Springsteen weren't hogging up so much space, I'd have The Who on my most overrated list. 

I agree.

55 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

The "Burton Cummings Theatre" is but a 10 min. walk from my house.  Grand, well over 110 year old bldg.

Also pleasantly surprised to read this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/burton-cummings-moose-jaw-1.4948061

I first knew them as 'Chad Allen and the Reflections', playing in bars where we were all underage.

Him, Randy Bachman et al will probably never have to pay for a drink or a meal in this city for life.

This doesn't mean that they would be in my top 5 - 40 top favorite bands.

image.jpeg

Edited by NADman
forgot
  • Like 1

Folks, not sure who disappeared the original and I've had no complaints here, though as you all know reviving threads is not allowed. In this case, I am not going to do anything here as I think this an important topic. Just don't post anything to make it go away again. If another mod disappears it, it's done as we don't reverse each other.

Dave

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Folks, not sure who disappeared the original and I've had no complaints here, though as you all know reviving threads is not allowed. In this case, I am not going to do anything here as I think this an important topic. Just don't post anything to make it go away again. If another mod disappears it, it's done as we don't reverse each other.

Dave

Thank you --

6 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

are you waiting for these results to get tested yourself -

I had to get tested for the active virus prior to elective surgery on the first day of the first “holiday” I have had off work since this hole (not a typo) thing started. I spent the entire week prior to the 4th of July weekend in self-quarantine. The original operation got bumped due to the global situation. 

I passed, I got my “good cancer” removed from my face. 

But even now, I can still smell the swab some mornings in the shower...

• Like 6