Corona has vanished!

geoff.

So it looks like schools will open for a week and then close for 14 days, since literally everyone is already infected.   Then maybe on the 21st day we reopen?   And since this may not work, do we all just put our kids in day care like so many of the other kids that are already there ?

5 minutes ago, Max2 said:

So it looks like schools will open for a week and then close for 14 days, since literally everyone is already infected.   Then maybe on the 21st day we reopen?   And since this may not work, do we all just put our kids in day care like so many of the other kids that are already there ?

Distance learning suppose is the internet.

We shall see what they do.

Dang if I know!

• Moderators
22 hours ago, geoff. said:

Up here, public teaching is a union job, paid for by the government.

You could build a school for each kid, and the union would still have a grievance.

Something against unions? Klipsch Heritage and Professional are union made. Disneyworld workers are union (union supported the park opening back up). 

What does this have to do with a non-political discussion on Covid updates?

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

One of the local school districts opened up yesterday.  It will be interesting to see how their school year progresses and what challenges they may face.

If Georgia is any indication, it may not be long to find out. Hoping your state well...

1 minute ago, billybob said:

If Georgia is any indication, it may not be long to find out. Hoping your state well...

There are many many schools districts in the area surrounding where I live and work.  Only one has opened.  Others have tentative dates.  Other districts are paying close attention to how this plays out.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2020 at 6:52 AM, CECAA850 said:

One of the local school districts opened up yesterday.  It will be interesting to see how their school year progresses and what challenges they may face.

My wife's a teacher, she's bilingual so they've had her teaching the mostly children of illegals. She's been doing it for more than 10 yrs now and she loves her kids, but is genuinely afraid now because of the Covid thing. About two months ago a head custodian was instructed to clean out some class rooms or do some work at the school and contracted Covid. He died. Now yesterday, during first day of school (no children yet), several teachers were refusing to put on mask or couldn't wear masks. She said it was totally unorganized, not the district or principal have a plan, two teachers quit or walked off due to lack of preparedness.

Wife is debating quitting now as well; Personally, I think the Covid thing has been blown way, way out of proportion, but it's something that you still have to respect, even if there were a cure.

2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

My wife's a teacher, she's bilingual so they've had her teaching the mostly children of illegals. She's been doing it for more than 10 yrs now and she loves her kids, but is genuinely afraid now because of the Covid thing. About two months ago a head custodian was instructed to clean out some class rooms or do some work at the school and contracted Covid. He died. Now yesterday, during first day of school (no children yet), several teachers were refusing to put on mask or couldn't wear masks. She said it was totally unorganized, not the district or principal have a plan, two teachers quit or walked off due to lack of preparedness.

Wife is debating quitting now as well; Personally, I think the Covid thing has been blown way, way out of proportion, but it's something that you still have to respect, even if there were a cure.

Teachers refusing to wear masks or couldn’t??? They can use face shields instead and if they truly physically cannot tolerate a simple mask they need medical evaluation ASAP. 

2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

If your wife is afraid, and concerned about the disorganization, it is perfectly understandable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

What is certain and agreed about covid19 is that we do not know everything about it’s pathogenicity. What has been demonstrated around the planet is deadly serious enough to warrant every effort to contain the virus. In America alone covid19 is clearly the most lethal disease since the 1918 influenza pandemic despite all that modern medicine has brought to bear. So the term ‘respect’ is quite understated. It is possible that in 30 years time many covid19 survivors could be suffering from cardiomyopathies, etc due to their single covid19 episode. Covid19 is truly something to avoid getting even once whether it kills you or not. When you hear ‘covid19’ think of a wolf pack shredding it’s prey. That is literally what covid19 does inside your body, to your cells. This is how it takes out organs and causes your own body to overkill with hyper immune responses. It is a very ugly virus 🦠 that’s highly contagious.