Corona has vanished!

geoff.

12 hours ago, billybob said:

Not everything has been learned by this novel virus. Let us just take what is known to date in this evolving situation. The vulnerable then are what ten or more years of age. What of those people? 

Are parents going to protect themselves? The grandparents?

Agreed, not everything has been learned but the data on who it attacks the hardest are about as set in stone as you could ask for.  As horrible as this virus is, it has given us a clear roadmap on who to protect: elderly, especially in LTC facilities, and especially with weight, heart, lungs or immuno issues.  Yes grandparents need to protect themselves and kids need to be taught how to protect their grandparents regardless of whether they are in school or not.  Sending them to school safely probably doesn't complicate this too much because they are not social distancing right now - I was just at our local public pool yesterday.  In fact, creative schools with creative administrators can use the kids to deliver this message home to their parents/grandparents - just like they did with smoking, littering, smoke detectors, drugs, and a whole list of other public service messages that I delivered when I was a kid.  I'm sure my parents were rolling their eyes when I talked to them about having a home fire escape plan...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, mungkiman said:

By peddling Gates conspiracy theories that you can't substantiate?

You can dig into it, it's not hard to find, and no, I am not talking about the chip implantation bs. We have been warned to not go too far in these threads, so you're not going to lure me into this further by continuing with your dogmatic statements. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You can dig into it, it's not hard to find, and no, I am not talking about the chip implantation bs. We have been warned to not go too far in these threads, so you're not going to lure me into this further by continuing with your dogmatic statements. 

He has an agenda and money.  That allows him to impose his world view on others. It does not however make his opinion any more valid than anyone else's but his money allows him to implement his beliefs.  How's that?  It should keep the thread alive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

He has an agenda and money.  That allows him to impose his world view on others. It does not however make his opinion any more valid than anyone else's but his money allows him to implement his beliefs.  How's that?  It should keep the thread alive.

That should work, especially if someone doesn't keep prodding for details. There is plenty of information about his and his family's history. 

• Moderators

Off in the rough again, but not OB.

Yes, be sure to check out Gates conspiracies on Snopes.  Here are about a dozen of the latest ones: https://www.snopes.com/collections/coronavirus-gates-foundation/

He and Warren divided the world after T. Boone died. Don't know what their latest plans are as they cancelled Bohemian Grove last monrh.

• Like 1

That allows him to impose his world view on others.

No, it allows him to more easily get his message out.  There is no more evidence of imposition on others than there is with any other say, for example, lobbying group, or guest on an op-ed show.

8 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Good morning Kettle. 

Good morning pot.

I don't feel the need to discuss the pros and cons of Gates, or anyone else, but let's get our terms straight.  Or is that too intellectual of an approach for the anti-intellectual crowd?  The thing is, claiming a group is all the same like some monolithic block , is a fundamental flaw in any logic, and all too common even among a lot of those who are considered "authorities" by those who choose to go along with their chosen dogma.  But everyone apparently needs a foil or scapegoat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

lol

The ones who are anointed to be intellectuals in today's society are not showing much intelligence.  

Exactly, and every bit as much as the "anti-intellectuals."  That is evident by claiming "annointed" status for the others as I point out.  

55 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

But everyone apparently needs a foil or scapegoat.

In a previous life, I had a friend in retail management, a graduate of Hamburger University (for real), he summed that sentiment up as “everyone is looking for a pot to piss in.”

He then went on further to say “it’s not your job to be that pot.”

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

No, it allows him to more easily get his message out.  There is no more evidence of imposition on others than there is with any other say, for example, lobbying group, or guest on an op-ed show.

A reply would surely lock this thread.  His money changes lives through different entities.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

A reply would surely lock this thread.  His money changes lives through different entities.

And other's money doesn't?  What is your point besides if you don't like them stfu?  Like I said, I don't really care about the specifics.  But to follow your logic then why not the Koch's stfu?  Why not the Mercer's stfu?  Why not everybody stfu since we don't like the first amendment anymore?  What is your point?