Corona has vanished!

geoff.

On 8/7/2020 at 11:40 AM, CECAA850 said:

That's his wheelhouse not viruses, immunization, global warming and population control.  Having money doesn't automatically make you an expert on everything.  It just gives you a platform.  He just needs to STFU.

If I win the Lottery Mega Millions I'll go on to become a political analyst and global expert.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mungkiman said:

Trying to keep people free from disease, poverty and hunger? Sounds downright un-american...

That would read so much better if it were American's Bill Gates was trying to help.

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:
8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That allows him to impose his world view on others.

No, it allows him to more easily get his message out.  There is no more evidence of imposition on others than there is with any other say, for example, lobbying group, or guest on an op-ed show.

while true.....  Carl still got it right, because there's no shortage of fools that associate wealth with intellect. Which should explain why Hollywood is flooded with political analyst and global warming experts.

57 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

That would read so much better if it were American's Bill Gates was trying to help.

By your logic, when Bill Foege helped to eradicate smallpox in developing countries he was NOT helping Americans? Interesting perspective...

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

And other's money doesn't?  What is your point besides if you don't like them stfu?  Like I said, I don't really care about the specifics.  But to follow your logic then why not the Koch's stfu?  Why not the Mercer's stfu?  Why not everybody stfu since we don't like the first amendment anymore?  What is your point?

The topic of conversation was Gates.  Duh.

28 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Did he do it for Americans or what that just a side effect? 

If by side effect you mean that he helped to eradicate smallpox in the entire world, then I would absolutely suggest that he helped Americans. He did it for everyone, since we're all in this world together. Every. One.

You might think that Gates donating $150 million to develop $3 doses of the coronavirus vaccine in other countries is un American, but it also helps keep you safer.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/8/8/21359227/bill-gates-foundation-coronavirus-vaccine-serum-astrazeneca-novavax

Another side effect to deride? I for one am grateful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

If by side effect you mean that he helped to eradicate smallpox in the entire world, then I would absolutely suggest that he helped Americans. He did it for everyone, since we're all in this world together. Every. One.

You might think that Gates donating $150 million to develop $3 doses of the coronavirus vaccine in other countries is un American, but it also helps keep you safer.

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/8/8/21359227/bill-gates-foundation-coronavirus-vaccine-serum-astrazeneca-novavax

Another side effect to deride? I for one am grateful. 

I would say the same , it's all for the good of Mankind -----

5 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

You might think

Why do you keep assuming what I think? You using words such as 'by your logic' 'downright un-american' ' interesting perspective' and such, in belittling ways, makes it sound as though you have been attacked, personally, or are righteous.

I don't like some of what BG is doing; I don't like what his father did; I don't like some of what he sees as 'ideal,' I have my reasons and you might not respect those reasons. You seem to like him for the good you see, I have no problem with that. You can keep prodding, it only polarizes some people.  

Hope all is well. 

On 8/7/2020 at 6:48 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

What Bill Gates is trying to do is un-American.

I still want to know what you do think. You've suggested mentioning that here would get the thread locked, which makes me wonder if you are buying into some of the "theories" going around about Bill Gates (Fauci too?) and even BG Sr. If you are interested in doing so, you are more than welcome to PM me with your insight since I seem to have missed the points you only allude to.

24 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

I still want to know what you do think.

lol 

24 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

you are more than welcome to PM me with your insight since I seem to have missed the points you only allude to

You have not PMed me to ask, and have used your sharp tones, which isn't helping. Do you really care what others think?

To me, it's not about the conspiracies floating on the web. It is about facts that you can look for or ignore. You might be fine with the facts that I don't like, and I will still respect you. 

8 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You have not PMed me to ask

I asked with hopes of learning why you think what Bill Gates "is doing" is un American, if only in private. You can choose not to share, but if asking publicly instead of privately precludes that, I call BS.

I believe in the greater good. Example - I don't have children, but I vote to be taxed in order to help fund schools and school programs.

If the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation contributes more to funding the World Health Organization than the United States does, is that a bad thing in your opinion?