Corona has vanished!

geoff.

14 minutes ago, billybob said:

The numbers look bad enough for those middle age and around 60's group to me. So, continue to proceed with the caution. 

Not going to play the odds here.

When bullets are flying everywhere it is best to stay in your foxhole, if possible. That's the way I see it being over 70.

• Like 2

Well we’re all gonna die from something, right? So we have covid19 and mostly we hear about how many are dying. Oh well, too bad so sad.... sucks to be in a high risk category. But folks are not comprehending what the covid19 virus does to the survivors. Whether you live or die, covid19 is a nasty virus that damages the body. Stop thinking about who did or did not die from covid19. Start asking ‘what has covid19 done to your body?’ What kind of mass ailments will we see in 10 or 20 years because people were complacent about covid19?  We all naturally deteriorate with age. Add organ damage from covid19 to that process and systems will fail far sooner than normal.

Basically covid19 is an infection you’d like to avoid getting whether you’re high risk or not. Medical science does not know everything about the virus. But what is does know should scare the crap out of you.

• Like 1

on August 27th , USA deaths were 180 000,   on September 2nd ,  it's closer to 190 000 deaths in  6 days -we are sending our kids back to school and  our own kids are magnets to viruses of all kind -the  teaching staff will be on the front lines

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-04-01/us-coronavirus-death-toll-tops-4-000-as-cases-near-190-000

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Basically covid19 is an infection you’d like to avoid getting whether you’re high risk or not. Medical science does not know everything about the virus. But what is does know should scare the crap out of you.

Of course you want to avoid it and should do everything possible to keep yourself safe.  That goes without saying.  You can't however quit living.  Car wrecks scare the crap out of me but I can't quit driving.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Of course you want to avoid it and should do everything possible to keep yourself safe.  That goes without saying.  You can't however quit living.  Car wrecks scare the crap out of me but I can't quit driving.

Agree 100%.  If you are under 60 and in good health, get on with your life.  Shutting down your life and hiding in fear is much worse for your health.

Strange thing fear. Have not spent a single day yet in fear of this.

Probably not in anyway unique in that.

Do think it possible to have a 20 people gathering keeping in mind the precautions.

People can and do accept the risk/reward.

An individual decision. Just be safe while at it. Some anecdotals

suggest it only takes one to spoil a good thing.

25 minutes ago, billybob said:

Strange thing fear. Have not spent a single day yet in fear of this.

Probably not in anyway unique in that.

Do think it possible to have a 20 people gathering keeping in mind the precautions.

People can and do accept the risk/reward.

An individual decision. Just be safe while at it. Some anecdotals

suggest it only takes one to spoil a good thing.

Do remember that covid19 can be very subtle. A person showing no overt symptoms can be infectious. Sure, you know and trust the 20 people you invite. What about all the people those 20 souls interacted in the weeks prior to your event? Being safe with covid19 is not a superficial effort. I’d recommend overkill.......  cuz as you correctly note all it takes is 1 person.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

So, if I'm reading this correctly, only 6% of people with wuhan die if they have no pre existing conditions?  That comes out to .0034% of the population of the US.

YES. Each person who died of wuhan alone has to be worth upwards of at least 30 or 40B$ in societal cost. Three of them would equal the richest man in the world. CDC numbers so I assume there has been research into them for validity since the CDC is believed in so many other things.

Just now, Bosco-d-gama said:

Do remember that covid19 can be very subtle. A person showing no overt symptoms can be infectious. Sure, you know and trust the 20 people you invite. What about all the people those 20 souls interacted in the weeks prior to your event? Being safe with covid19 is not a superficial effort. I’d recommend overkill.......  cuz as you correctly note all it takes is 1 person.

There in is laid the problem. It would be much easier if one of those saliva testing kits that are inexpensive and quick were on the retail market today. Litmus results while not perfect but working on it.

And then even with that, not total proof. It would be easy to say be responsible and just say no.

Seems people are going to do what they want to do. Overkill

is no doubt better than half measures. Have to believe that

from what is known to this point, no guarantee of 100 percent protection. To the extent that a gathering can control the internal, there is the external which one

should consider.

Hard to argue with what you are saying, and no doubt in different ways you have said before.

Thanks!

A neighbor passed away this week to a long kidney related illness. We went to the visitation. People were hugging and shaking hands with their masks on. I don't get that. If you are gonna hug and shake hands, is the mask really doing anything? Weird times, they are.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

60 is a guide line, the "in good health" is much more important than chronological age.

I will be 68 on 10-01 and in good health so I go where I want with no worry. Last time I went to the Hospital about a month ago to get a tiny regrowth of my bladder cancer removed I go in the front door and in the lobby is the do you have wuhan checkpoint. Have you been exposed or know someone who has Covid they ask. How the heck do I know since most who get it don't know they ever had it without testing? I assume every one of us has been exposed. They laughed and scanned me for fever and sent me on in.

Sad thing here is how many serious illnesses have been needlessly untreated and permitted to go wild because hospitals had been prohibited from treating them. I am grateful my local regional hospital did not have to forbid me as while minor I did have  regrowth and thankfully removal. Huge numbers of people are being seriously impacted or dead because treatments were prohibited for tons of critical problems.

On 9/2/2020 at 1:41 PM, mungkiman said:

From the article:

"This process is known as motivated reasoning, and it leads people to gather evidence that supports perspectives they already agree with and to more thoroughly scrutinize evidence that challenges those perspectives. Someone who believes the pandemic is a serious threat will likely accept the official Covid-19 reports at face value. But someone who is already skeptical about the pandemic for other reasons will be predisposed to look for reasons to question the death counts. And due to these biases, they’ll happily find several seemingly commonsense reasons quickly at their disposal."

and

"To help avoid these sorts of reasoning errors,....."

I call bs in that the report, it is more tabloid news reporter's writing and is wrong. 
When this came about, there was maybe 1% who didn't buy into the 'information' that was presented. 99% listened and stocked up on supplies and did everything the CDC and Fauci said to do. This reporter claiming there was 'motivated reasoning' to support some sort of perspective that was already believed does not stand the burden of proof. 

Most garbage a lot of people read and post is exactly the motivated reasoning the tabloid new that is in VOX. To help avoid these sorts of reasoning errors, everyone should stop reading the sloped rags. 

This whole state of KY became a mandatory mask wearing everywhere in public or face fines and was order on July 10, 2020.  Everyone, everywhere has been complying. I have used a mask in public since early April, and I still wear one in stores and such. I wanted to give the mandate time and let facts show what is working, or not. Attached is a chart I grabbed a few days ago that shows the slope of the infections. 

1487568428_jantosep.png.5f75669f6c09f77be8cdfe2ed4e87cb4.png

Had the trajectory broken over and flattened out, it would be proof that the masks are working, keep the mandate in place. As it is, the rate increased a week or two after the mandate, and it looks like the masks are causing more infections. I do not believe the masks are causing the increase (If they were trying to prove the opposite, the media would be all over that chart), and I don't believe the numbers, either.