Corona has vanished!

geoff.

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It could just be giving a false sense of security and people are forgoing other precautions.

Maybe.

I will say that the couple of stores that I go does spray the carts with a Covid-b-gone juice before the carts are returned to service. Also, most people are distancing, using wipes, gloves, and squirting whatever nostrum that is offered at the doors at most business. It looked like less than 50% were wearing them before the mandate. I doubt much has changed, other than 99% are now wearing masks too. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

This whole state of KY became a mandatory mask wearing everywhere in public or face fines and was order on July 10, 2020.  Everyone, everywhere has been complying.

You don't have your facts straight, or the source you are parroting has suckered you in I think.

Start here: 

1 week Kentucky's mask order, state gets thousands of complaints about noncompliance

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courier-journal.com/amp/5445459002

Edited by dwilawyer

11 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

You don't have your facts straight, or the source you are parroting has suckered you in I think.

Start here: 

1 week Kentucky's mask order, state gets thousands of complaints about noncompliance

I am sure there are several out there who won't and don't wear one. Every place I have gone, such as Lowes, everyone is wearing a mask. In the beginning, it does seem like there were several who were not wearing them correctly, but that seems to have changed. As time goes on, and more people sees that there has been no curve flattening and the officials keep changing what they claim to know, there will be more push back. One national group I was a part of was promoting a 'mask burning' party. I voiced against it, for more than one reason. Two members had negative things to say, one stating that he claims, falsely, that he can't wear one due to medical conditions, but everyone else made favorable remarks.

Although my wording of "everyone" was too strong of a word, the compliance will be in the 90% and maybe the high 90s. Still, the chart, which came from a ky.gov site, shows that something else is causing the numbers to plot a slope that went from ~30 degree angle to what looks like a 60 degree angle. 

It's been a while since I submerged myself to see what the global numbers are and what other countries are doing about it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It could just be giving a false sense of security and people are forgoing other precautions.

37 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Something else that the chart 'might' be showing is an increase in testing. IDK. All I want are the facts. What seems to be a constant fact is that no one knows what to do. I am glad it hasn't hit as hard as they claimed it would. 

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I wasn't at Sturgis but the numbers in this article do no pass the BS test.  It's quite a stretch to go from "the event was linked to hundreds of covid cases in 10 states and one death" to "based on our cell phone tracking data and our movement prediction patterns, we estimate that the event caused 250,000 cases and $12.2B in public health costs."  It's not until the 2nd to last paragraph that they admit in a round-about way that these numbers are high over-estimates.  Seems to me like the authors are stretching data to justify more strict lockdowns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pbphoto said:

I wasn't at Sturgis but the numbers in this article do no pass the BS test.

I agree. It is more and the typical fallacious statements that divides us all. There are the ones who see "may have" and "could have' as facts, especially when the media puts in the "according to a recent report." If there ever were any facts, those facts will suffer the telephone game through the medias before being released as news. 

"“This report isn’t science; it’s fiction. Under the guise of academic research,...."

"She goes on to criticize the media for reporting on “this non-peer-reviewed model, built on incredibly faulty assumptions that do not reflect the actual facts and data here in South Dakota.”"

"State epidemiologist Dr. Joshua Clayton said the paper is “white paper” which is not peer-reviewed."

https://www.siouxlandproud.com/news/south-dakota-news/south-dakota-health-officials-dismiss-report-calling-sturgis-rally-a-super-spreading-event/

• Like 1

Here’s the original paper on the Sturgis covid assertions. Like any group intent on stretching personal desires over practical sensibility Sturgis succored unnecessary risks for spreading covid19. This paper attempts to quantify those consequences and the authors acknowledge the variances in their data. Whether 100 or 10,000 any case of covid19 associated with Sturgis is shameful. Now is the time is to rally to contain this monster......   not to intentionally and recklessly rally to invigorate a middle aged crisis.

http://ftp.iza.org/dp13670.pdf

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Here’s the original paper on the Sturgis covid assertions. Like any group intent on stretching personal desires over practical sensibility Sturgis succored unnecessary risks for spreading covid19. This paper attempts to quantify those consequences and the authors acknowledge the variances in their data. Whether 100 or 10,000 any case of covid19 associated with Sturgis is shameful. Now is the time is to rally to contain this monster......   not to intentionally and recklessly rally to invigorate a middle aged crisis.

http://ftp.iza.org/dp13670.pdf

Where's the "peaceful protest" paper?

• Like 1

I do not trust the media in one d*m thing anymore whether Fox or MSNBC. Personally at my advanced years I am staying in and wearing a mask when I do go out. But I am not going to judge anyone for doing otherwise. There is too much Government and laws telling everyone what to do. Just one example, the motorcycle helmet law. Sure it should be mandatory for anyone under 21 they do not have good sense yet but making it a law for anyone over 21 you must wear one is BS. It is your head to do what you want with it. Government is intruding too much in everyone's life. I am not for events like Sturgis but neither am I against it. Our lawmakers have gotten us in so much debt the only way we will ever get out is to bankrupt the country one day. There is no company that could survive with the management we have in congress. It really just does not make any sense at all to me. If they had the best interest of the country they would never had let us get into so much debt. They only cared for themselves and their special interest. Go in office almost broke and come out extremely rich. How does that happen? I feel for my Grand kids.