Corona has vanished!

geoff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/18/coronavirus-idaho-pastor-icu/

Sadly this national story is from my own neighborhood. I’d like to say this man was the ‘village’ covid19 ‘idiot’ but I can’t. More accurately he is from a ‘village’ of covid19 ‘idiots’. It is not about religious folks. It comes right back to the inability to fix ‘stupid’. This place is loaded with them. This morning we have a report of covid19 in one of our elementary schools. Just 30 miles west, Washington has tough mask laws in place that everyone complies with. Here their mandate is toothless and from day 1 the police boasted that they’d not conduct any enforcement of the rules.

Honestly I have to wonder if there’s not some sort of discrimination in play. Discrimination against the elderly and the infirm whom are far more susceptible to covid19. We are held hostage by a community that has a mask mandate that it’s leadership refuses to enforce. Whether intentional or otherwise this circumstance  impacts select individuals and they know it and they do not care. This is a retirement community with many long term care facilities. Already we’ve had covid19 in 1 of these places. The only business providing ‘reasonable accommodation’ is Costco that opens early for the elderly/infirm and strictly enforces mask usage. 

Hopefully these people are more lucky than any degree of smart and covid19 will not blow up. But they are seriously tempting a fate they will deeply regret should it occur.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/18/coronavirus-idaho-pastor-icu/

Sadly this national story is from my own neighborhood. I

The Post is behind a pay wall. This is a similar article you can access. And it isn't the only other version for those who are cnn averse.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/us/idaho-pastor-covid-masks-trnd/index.html

• Like 1

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/09/coronavirus-origins-misinformation-yan-report-fact-check-cvd/

Another visitation of the Yan paper to discredit her work. Specifically it casts doubt on her assertion that covid19 was manufactured or a manipulated version of a natural pathogen. And yet this same paper also states the fact that science still does not understand how covid19 jumped from its natural hosts into the human population. This, it claims, is the proverbial looking for a needle in the haystack.....  and is an ongoing effort. The effort is China-centric because covid19 clearly presented in Wuhan China. The effort is ongoing because China has refused unfettered access for the work.

Again my assertion is that the ‘Yan’ paper is a moot point. Whether covid19 was or was not ‘man-made’ it clearly has taken a highly suspicious pathway starting from Wuhan and now worldwide. Recall how aggressively China controlled their own population to contain covid19 whilst demanding open and free international travel from areas China knew to be covid19 infected. Countries that shut down travel from China were labeled xenophobic by China and others. And it is now clearly understood that this travel seeded covid19 around the world.

So if China has nothing to hide then stop hiding it. Open up to the investigators. Give them free rein. Prove your innocence. Until we understand exactly what occurred with covid19 do not blithely absolve China. They have only their own interests in mind and often they’re not amicable towards most other countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, pbphoto said:

He's a dope.  The data does not support this.

it's the white North  -------temperatures are dipping for the past month very quickly , and so are the numbers of Flu-and Covid 19 infections  increasing , and it's hitting Canada earlier than the USA-

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Looks nearly identical? Please.

I didn't say that.  I said they are experiencing the same case-demic we are in the US.  Cases in Canada started increasing in early September but, thankfully, deaths have not followed thus far.  Northern US should track Canada very closely.  Southern US had their first wave over the Summer which is why the blended US graphs don't match Canada.  US has a double-hump because of the different climates.  I'm told Canada is fairly cold.  And yes, Canada will be heading into their normal respiratory virus season soon - let's hope the reporting is accurate and the hysteria doesn't follow.

10 hours ago, pbphoto said:

let's hope the reporting is accurate and the hysteria doesn't follow.

- the Flu season hits Canada very hard , and usually from the time School starts to the end of spring the Hospitals are overwhelmed with the Flu  running over 150% capacity for 6 months - now add Covid 19 to the equation  and the 2nd wave is already in progress since Sept 1st - 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/09/24/covid-19-johnson-johnson-vaccine-donald-trump-fda-canada/3510999001/

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Based on my cardiologist opinion, he said to expect or anticipate another surge to begin in our area (South Texas) with the Fall temperature swings. Says it'll be full-on by Christmas. Says it's nothing new, it's just that COVID is getting too much attention.

18 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Based on my cardiologist opinion, he said to expect or anticipate another surge to begin in our area (South Texas) with the Fall temperature swings. Says it'll be full-on by Christmas.

Northern NY-Quebec-Ontario ,  are 3 months ahead of South Texas ,  snow is 1 month away -

by Christmas 2020  , or early 2021  , maybe a vaccine will pop up and this virus can be halted in it's tracks   -