Corona has vanished!

geoff.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Hey Travis,

It is a Virus, Vacines ,ostly work on Bacteria. 

This is why they still have not come up with a Vaccine for HIV yet.

Roger

So what is it that they working on that is supposed to take a year?

20 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

So what is it that they working on that is supposed to take a year?

Travis, 

I haven't a clue!

A major size difference in Viruses and Bacteria, you can see bacteria under a regular microscope, but need an electron microscope to see a virus. Also, when we get over a bacterial illness, the bacteria has either left the body or dropped to an acceptable level where it no longer causes illness.

In a size comparison between a virus and a Bacteria, a Virus would look like a BB rolling down a 12 lane highway...

With a virus, it goes into our spinal cord and brain and remains there our entire life! This is why anyone who has had chicken Pox may in later life get shingles. It is still in your body, only dormant.

If you get a cold or pneumonia or bronchitis and your flem/mucous is green, it is bacterial and antibiotics may help. If your mucous is yellow, it is a virus and antibiotics give no more than a Placebo effect.

There are about 1,000 strains of the common cold, and you never catch the same strain twice, so if you could catch all 1,000, you would not catch the common cold again.

When we diasect a cadaver, the brain is usually disposed of first so students wont get any of the viruses retained in it.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Fleetwood Mac (after they got Stevie and her boyfriend) I can see that

Bruce, I can see that.

The Stones? Are you some sort of Beatles lover?

Peter Green Fleetwood Mac is acceptable.  Refuse to listen to Stevie and Co.

Bruce ain't the boss of me.

There are a few Stones songs that I like. I've seen them live too. But, they are on my list of my overrated bands ... oh yeah, Aerosmith is on that list too. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

There are a few Stones songs that I like. I've seen them live too. But, they are on my list of my overrated bands ... oh yeah, Aerosmith is on that list too. 

Ahhhhhhh.

Aerosmith, say it ain't so.

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Till a landslide bring you down...