little repair help needed.

Hi all, I know it has been a while since I last visited, sorry about that.. life happens. Anyway, My  78 Rosewood Khorns have a little veneer seperating. It is on the bottom of the hat sections, just a couple of bubbles and one small chip. I have tried using an iron to see if I could reactivate the glue but no joy. I have some new veneer sheets to fill in the small chip ( about 1 inch wide and 1/8 inch high) The sales guy at Rockler said to just use Tightbond 3. I admit this is a great wood glue but before I start, if someone has a better idea.. I am willing to listen!

13 hours ago, Cal Blacksmith said:

Hi all, I know it has been a while since I last visited, sorry about that.. life happens. Anyway, My  78 Rosewood Khorns have a little veneer seperating. It is on the bottom of the hat sections, just a couple of bubbles and one small chip. I have tried using an iron to see if I could reactivate the glue but no joy. I have some new veneer sheets to fill in the small chip ( about 1 inch wide and 1/8 inch high) The sales guy at Rockler said to just use Tightbond 3. I admit this is a great wood glue but before I start, if someone has a better idea.. I am willing to listen!

Titebond 2 or 3.  Some very good wood glues that will not expand and cause issues like a urethane based glue. Once it is down, it should stay down.

• Like 1