FOUND!!! Looking for KLF20 Feet, EPIC CF-3, CF-4 are the same

dian83

Just bought nice pair of KLF20,but there are no feet, so looking to buy 8 pieces like in the pictures, moutn+caps. CF-3,CF-4 are the same feet. 

Thanks in advance!

KLF20 feet (1).jpg

KLF20 feet (2).jpg

Edited by dian83
Found 4 need another 4

Dian,

Congrats on finding the KLF20 speakers you've been searching for!

Just to clarify your question: 

Are you looking for the threaded receptacles on the bottom of the cabinet that are pictured in your photo?

Or are you looking for feet (or spikes) that screw into these receptacles?

Or the plastic caps pictured that slide over the receptacles?

triceratops

Hi,

Thanks for your questions. I am looking for complete set -  the threaded receptacles+ feet that screw into the receptacles and the plastic ( rubber ) caps. The pictures in my post are from my other pair KLF20 with original feet and I just want to show what I am looking for. My new pair is with all missing feet components . 

I really doubt to find feet, but any similar I hope.

If you have any idea I will be very thankful

Dian

Hi Dian,

Thanks for the explanation. I thought that was what you were saying in the original post, but I wasn't certain. I am surprised that the pictured receptacles have been removed on your other pair of KLF20's. You might also add a photo of the bottom of one of your cabinets showing an empty hole where the receptacle should be. A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say.

I'm not sure the "Alerts" section is the best place for your question--maybe Technical/Modifications? Is there a thread on the KLF Legend series like there is for the Epic series in 2-Channel Home Audio? I recently purchased a pair of Klipsch Epic CF-4's and they appear to have the same threaded receptacle arrangement as your KLF20's. So if there is not a dedicated thread for KLF owners, you could post something in the Epic thread that might generate some good advice.

If you haven't already done so, I would check in with Klipsch to see if those threaded receptacles might still available from the parts department. it's possible those parts were used on more than just the Epic and KLF series (maybe someone who knows can chime in). I would not call these pieces "feet" because they are intended to have feet or spikes attached to them. The thin caps that you have pictured that slide over the receptacles are also not technically "feet" even though they can serve that purpose. They are really just shipping covers to protect the threaded receptacles in transit. There may be similar caps available at your local hardware store, sold as furniture end caps.

While you're waiting for a definitive solution for your missing hardware, I would put some small self-adhesive felt pads on the bottoms of your KLF's to protect the wood from scuffs and scrapes. These can be easily peeled off once you find what you need for a more permanent solution.

I hope to compose a long post about what to thread into the receptacles to serve as feet for the cabinets, for folks that are missing that hardware, but I'll leave that for another time and place.

-triceratops

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crunchman12001 said:

The CF-3's I had were different. They had a plastic cap similar to the KLF-20's but fit over the knurled part of the foot instead of screwing into the bottom nut on the 20's foot.

KIMG0868.jpg

I don't know but I just found 4 feet from CF-3 and they look like KLFs. Probably some EPIC speakers have different feet.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 2:28 PM, triceratops said:

Hi Dian,

Thanks for the explanation. I thought that was what you were saying in the original post, but I wasn't certain. I am surprised that the pictured receptacles have been removed on your other pair of KLF20's. You might also add a photo of the bottom of one of your cabinets showing an empty hole where the receptacle should be. A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say.

I'm not sure the "Alerts" section is the best place for your question--maybe Technical/Modifications? Is there a thread on the KLF Legend series like there is for the Epic series in 2-Channel Home Audio? I recently purchased a pair of Klipsch Epic CF-4's and they appear to have the same threaded receptacle arrangement as your KLF20's. So if there is not a dedicated thread for KLF owners, you could post something in the Epic thread that might generate some good advice.

If you haven't already done so, I would check in with Klipsch to see if those threaded receptacles might still available from the parts department. it's possible those parts were used on more than just the Epic and KLF series (maybe someone who knows can chime in). I would not call these pieces "feet" because they are intended to have feet or spikes attached to them. The thin caps that you have pictured that slide over the receptacles are also not technically "feet" even though they can serve that purpose. They are really just shipping covers to protect the threaded receptacles in transit. There may be similar caps available at your local hardware store, sold as furniture end caps.

While you're waiting for a definitive solution for your missing hardware, I would put some small self-adhesive felt pads on the bottoms of your KLF's to protect the wood from scuffs and scrapes. These can be easily peeled off once you find what you need for a more permanent solution.

I hope to compose a long post about what to thread into the receptacles to serve as feet for the cabinets, for folks that are missing that hardware, but I'll leave that for another time and place.

-triceratops

I received reply from Klipsch and they don't have any feet available in stock. 😞

5 hours ago, dian83 said:

Hi folks, 

I found 4 feet from CF-3 they are the same like the original for KLFs. 

So, looking for another 4 feet from Klf 20 or Epic CF-3, CF-4...

See the picture, 

Thanks 

IMG_20200308_143012.jpg

These feet came off a CF-3 I parted out, Dian picked them up from me Saturday.

18 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

These feet came off a CF-3 I parted out, Dian picked them up from me Saturday.

The CF-3 feet I posted above were from a version 1. What version did your come off of? Klipsch must have changed feet at some point for the CF-3's.

I am pretty sure the rubber feet came standard if the speakers did not have the optional spike kit. 

1 hour ago, crunchman12001 said:

The CF-3 feet I posted above were from a version 1. What version did your come off of? Klipsch must have changed feet at some point for the CF-3's.

I am pretty sure the rubber feet came standard if the speakers did not have the optional spike kit. 

I'm not sure what version they came off of, it was a couple years ago. I pulled anything that could be used and set them on the side

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 months later...