Finally hooked up my Jubes

charbuggie

Today I had some time off and it rained.  Decided to hook up my Jubes.  Attached is a REW sweep playing through the sound card to the system.  Right now I'm playing through a tube preamp and pass labs XA25 amp.  I'm using a passive network custom built by a guy in Florida.  I do have a minidsp SHD to put in the system but I'm a slow learner and I just wanted the system up and running while I figure this out.  Today I did get REW loaded and the UMIK-1 mic working.  It was a pain because Windows 10 did not want to let me use my Eclario sound card, but I figured it out.  The attached picture is from a sweep I did.  I'm not sure what is going on around 55-65hz??  I'm really not sure what all info is on the plot, especially what the phase plot is telling me...  Also, I'm sure there is a way to smooth out the data to make it a little more useable...

REW graph is below in another response.  Phone was not making it easy... I also posted pics of the crossover.

Edited by charbuggie
Spelling
  • Like 1

I'm using these crossovers to dial in room, then I will get the minidsp SHD out and figure it out.   Today I spent alot of time moving the speakers around in the corner I'm in trying to kill that node around 60hz.  Tonight I'm having a friend come over that can help me move them to the other side of room.  I obviously have some boundary interference.  Don't let anyone tell you different, the room is the most important variable in my mind.  Using REW for the first time has made it so apparent.  

Edited by charbuggie
Spelling