Had an old friend visit tonight

USNRET

Old roommate from Navy days in Corpus (1980s) came thru town on business.

We went out to have a brew and throw some darts since back in those days we played 7 days a week.

I taught him how to play back then and as a couples team we won our share moving up from B-4 to B-3 to B-2 to B-1 and so on to A-4 to finally being qualified as A-1 players in a league of 600 players at the time.
I went on to play Navy intramural darts in Europe in a past life. One of my favorites was playing with Candy Dulfer and being invited as a guest to one of her jam sessions.

Tonight he won every game. Now I haven't thrown a dart since 1992 but screw you Ken Peake I WILL win tomorrow night....maybe, at least one game of cricket.

Good time tonight Brah!

• Like 6

On the darts. I was throwing with a friend and loser was buying supper that night. We were throwing at a regulation board and at regulation distance and I had a moment of precision. I threw 3 darts into the double bull to end a 301 game. I had thrown 2 double bulls before a couple of times, but never a triple. That was a lot of fun. Mike, I bet you have thrown a bunch of those?

30 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Navy intramural?  Is that for Airedales only?

Should be if not.

Best game of mine was back to back 8 shot cricket games; straight triples and double bulls.

• Like 1