Heresy ii fronts but I need smaller rear speakers - suggestions?

Gerry

I have a 5.1 system comprised entirely of older Heresy 2s (which I love). I've got Klipsch subs connected to the two front speakers as well as to the regular sub output. All are connected to an older Denon AVR 3805 (but I never use anywhere near the power it's capable of). The sound is spectacular! I recently moved to a smaller and place and while I have room for the existing front speaker arrangement, the Heresy 2s I have for the rear are much too large. I'm presently using smaller Mirage omnipolar speakers in the rear but they sound terrible (timber matching couldn't possibly be worse and the heresy 2s are a great deal more sensitive so I must turn the fronts all the way down and the mirages all the way up). Does anyone have any suggestions regarding speakers (new or older models) that are at least somewhat compatible with the heresy 2 fronts? The system was put together by a friend but I'm not very knowledgeable of such things and don't really know what I'm doing. Suggestions would truly be most appreciated. Thank You so much!

• Like 1

Thank you all for your suggestions ... looks like I have some homework and shopping to do! Those two borrowed Mirage speakers I'm using in the rear have got to go. They did sound okay in my nephew's system as he has Mirage all the way around but they're just a terrible match to the Heresy 2s. Thanks again folks!

• Like 1

Try some KSF S5's. They're on Ebay alot. They come from the early part of the "synergy" line, which was many years later than the Heresy II. But believe it or not, they sound great together. Small, efficient, & disperse sound well.  (I have both in my 6.1 setup)

• Like 1

I've used a few different KG and RS models as surrounds with my Heresy mains with great results.  Check your local Craigslist and facebook classifieds and you shouldn't have any problems finding something from those series that'll work well.