Best Klipsch Speaker

usnret70-90

Generally speaking, which Klipsch model speaker is considered to be the best one that Klipsch ever produced since '46? This came up while listening to music with a friend of mine and I did not have the answer..........just a guess.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

The best looking speaker is the Belle

Ain't that the truth -- most people say that.  Makes me wonder why it isn't in production. 

I can only speak of the Heresy I and II, and the Cornwall I -- all of which sound great. 

If cost didn't matter?

Keeping in mind cost as having a vote: 

Bookshelf - RB35 

Mid size room - Forte

The right room - KHorn

If looks doesn't matter -MCM1900 or KP600

If cost doesn't matter, go with the new stuff

Bookshelf - not sure

Mid size room - Cornwall

Larger room - Jubes with an 1802 in the center

+1 on what Billy said and totally agree about the Belle being the prettiest, of any brand. 

• Moderators

The room makes a big difference but to me it kind of seems like the bigger the better in many cases. Not for volume but for sounding big and the detail while sounding effortless. 

Now to outside

57 minutes ago, jason str said:

The MCM 1900 4 way is the best sounding Klipsch i ever heard.

Many like the KP 600 as well.

I have not heard the MCM 1900 (want to) but heard the KP 600 many times.

Outside the KP 600  does great, inside I don't know, never heard it inside.

To me if I wanted the KP 600 for inside I would take out the bottom cabinet (sub) and add a 1502 or 1802 between for the sub. Much better sub section. imo

A few year ago at a Pilgrimage Roy came up with a plan that was going to be unbelievable. Kevin Harmon brought his 4 stacks of KP 600's and the plan was to remove each bottom third, the sub part and set each two top cabinets on top of an 1802 sub. That would have been 4 600's and 4 1802 subs. Roy got the 4 subs out there and we had a plan, right up until the next morning when it started raining, bad. The rain never let up and got worse that night when everyone would normally be outside to listen. There were going to be a couple of bands playing through them also. We ended up bringing two stacks inside and one 1802 sub and the bands used that, sounded great.

But we were really disappointed not  to hear the subs with the 600's, it would have been shocking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, usnret70-90 said:

Generally speaking, which Klipsch model speaker is considered to be the best one that Klipsch ever produced since '46? This came up while listening to music with a friend of mine and I did not have the answer..........just a guess.

Klipsch is the Klipschorn.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Which version AK 6 or Jubilee.

The company was built on the back of the original Klipschorn. It is the icon Klipsch speaker. The Jube may very well be the full realization of the concept but it didn't build the company. I know that might not be what the OP was asking but the K-horn IMO deserves top billing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, MechEngVic said:

The company was built on the back of the original Klipschorn.

There's no doubt about that, the oldest speaker design still in production in in the US, maby the world ?

The jube was the next step in that design, but the same original design with few updates is still being built, but basically the same design. 

Even with the jube being the next step in the Khorn, I think it would be a big mistake to not keep the updated original version. It is still all these years later one of the best designs out there.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

There were 2 pair outside through the day in 2018 at Rondey's, one pair was wheeled inside was used by the band.

Great for sheer volume but the Jubilee with an 1802 sounds much better IMO.

• Thanks 1