Best Klipsch Speaker

usnret70-90

11 hours ago, billybob said:

The Klipsch speakers you are listening to at the time?

They would be my Rf-7's. But, I would give them up immediately for a pair of P-39's. I will have a pair next year, along with a P-312. I do not have room for the Jubilee's since moving to my current home in Florida. It has 1782 sq. ft. but, not a room in it that is conducive to great 2 channel listening or HT. I might have to commandeer my garage and turn it into 'my' room just for listening. None of the HT stuff, just the P-39's, maybe two P312's and my "absolutely made for me, perfectly built, favorite of all time" listening chair. I know I'm not alone in thinking that a "favorite listening chair" is essential to having great music in your room. I think this would be heaven for me.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Great for sheer volume but the Jubilee with an 1802 sounds much better IMO.

I would like to hear that. What I would like even more is an 1802 between MY MCM1900....outside. 

33 minutes ago, kirby said:

The KI-396 packs a lot of quality sound into a relatively small footprint.

Yes, the Pro and Industrial offerings are the way to go, for sound.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, usnret70-90 said:

They would be my Rf-7's. But, I would give them up immediately for a pair of P-39's. I will have a pair next year, along with a P-312. I do not have room for the Jubilee's since moving to my current home in Florida. It has 1782 sq. ft. but, not a room in it that is conducive to great 2 channel listening or HT. I might have to commandeer my garage and turn it into 'my' room just for listening. None of the HT stuff, just the P-39's, maybe two P312's and my "absolutely made for me, perfectly built, favorite of all time" listening chair. I know I'm not alone in thinking that a "favorite listening chair" is essential to having great music in your room. I think this would be heaven for me.

A couple years ago I listened to the RF-7s (2 or 3, don't remember) and P-39's while at the factory.  For me and most there, there wasn't a huge difference between the two, especially for the price difference.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, usnret70-90 said:

Thought that is what garage is for... instant mancave... Cheer s

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:
18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Great for sheer volume but the Jubilee with an 1802 sounds much better IMO.

I would like to hear that. What I would like even more is an 1802 between MY MCM1900....outside. 

Jub with the 1802 sounded fantastic, never cared for the 600's at all, the 2 times i heard them, but I think there were other factors that were contributing.

I've never heard the MCM1900, but hopefully, I will get to.

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

A couple years ago I listened to the RF-7s (2 or 3, don't remember) and P-39's while at the factory.  For me and most there, there wasn't a huge difference between the two, especially for the price difference.

Carl, that had to have been at the 70th anniversary event.  There were P-39's, K Horns and the 7 2's.  I honestly would have taken the 7's over the 39's, and everyone I spoke to had the same opinion.  

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

Thought that is what garage is for... instant mancave... Cheer s

I think so too. But, my lovely bride of almost forty years thinks her car should be parked in there. Really???? Do people actually put cars in their garage anymore. My Pro4X sits outside so that I have a place to work on projects.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, usnret70-90 said:

I think so too. But, my lovely bride of almost forty years thinks her car should be parked in there. Really???? Do people actually put cars in their garage anymore. My Pro4X sits outside so that I have a place to work on projects.

Is your garage air conditioned? Just wondering Florida and all.

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

Is your garage air conditioned? Just wondering Florida and all.

At the moment, no. But if I could get 'permission', I would have one of those mini split systems installed out there and then start the process of turning it into a 2 channel room for all the different systems that I have acquired lately. I would have to share the room with with our water heater.😃 Living here would require AC. It was 87 degrees yesterday and right now it is 12:31est with a temperature of 88. Might have to take a dip in the pool along with my floating cooler. It sounds like a Stella Day to me. I'm out of here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, usnret70-90 said:

At the moment, no. But if I could get 'permission', I would have one of those mini split systems installed out there and then start the process of turning it into a 2 channel room for all the different systems that I have acquired lately. I would have to share the room with with our water heater.😃 Living here would require AC. It was 87 degrees yesterday and right now it is 12:31est with a temperature of 88. Might have to take a dip in the pool along with my floating cooler. It sounds like a Stella Day to me. I'm out of here. 

I just renovated my garage and put a mini split in.  wish I had done it years ago.  It would hit 106 to 108 in the summer out there and there wasn't a scrap of insulation anywhere. 

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I just renovated my garage and put a mini split in.  wish I had done it years ago.  It would hit 106 to 108 in the summer out there and there wasn't a scrap of insulation anywhere. 

Was that db or temp... thanks

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, usnret70-90 said:

Artois...oh yes.. enjoy!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

There were 2 pair outside through the day in 2018 at Rondey's, one pair was wheeled inside was used by the band. 

True those were inside, but I didn't really count that as inside, although I could live with a room that big.

Another time inside with a 1802, and one a girl singer used as a second stage. 

pilgrimage 2017-001 (149).JPG

pilgrimage 2017-001 (184).JPG

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jason str said:

The MCM 1900 4 way is the best sounding Klipsch i ever heard.

Many like the KP 600 as well.

+ for MCM-1900 although I have only heard the three way. Nothing else Klipsch I have heard comes close. The only set of KP-600's I have heard were loud and muddy and no where near the fidelity of the MCM.

If space was an issue the Jubilee is a fine speaker. Never heard palladiums but all the rest of Klipsch takes a back seat to the MCM's and Jubes. I assume the new Klipsch Cinema high end gear is better than MCM's but don't know this.

• Like 1