Best Klipsch Speaker

usnret70-90

9 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

That's the only way to listen. Detail absolutely cannot be heard above 75 maybe 80 dB tops.  Buy the biggest baddest system you can and turn it down as low as possible. That's where it's at. 

You better believe it. More and more I listen to classical and the detail goes away when things get louder. Now I will make an exception for pipe organs as a little seat vibration on deep bass notes can be required.

I played a Hendix song for some visitors the other day. Voodoo Child, the long quieter version, and these guys had never heard all the talking at the end of the song and actually following the voices right to left as people left.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I played a Hendix song for some visitors the other day. Voodoo Child, the long quieter version, and these guys had never heard all the talking at the end of the song and actually following the voices right to left as people left.

I haven't played that one for a while, but fortunately, I have heard the details you are talking about through many systems I've had over the years.  

52 minutes ago, Dave A said:

+ for MCM-1900 although I have only heard the three way. Nothing else Klipsch I have heard comes close. The only set of KP-600's I have heard were loud and muddy and no where near the fidelity of the MCM.

If space was an issue the Jubilee is a fine speaker. Never heard palladiums but all the rest of Klipsch takes a back seat to the MCM's and Jubes. I assume the new Klipsch Cinema high end gear is better than MCM's but don't know this.

I forget who said it but it was stated the MCM makes the Klipschorn sound like a clock radio and i 100% agree with that statement.

There were large Altec-lansing systems i have heard that may give it a run for its money but overall i would choose the Klipsch if i had the room for something that large.

) I’ve owned, some more than once, all the Heritage line including sub-Heritage Forte and Quartet, never heard an Epic speaker or Chorus.

Currently have Jubes, LS1, H3, Quartets and RB75. If I were forced to live with only one it would be the LaScala. I might look for the LS2 but that’s picking nits.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

A couple years ago I listened to the RF-7s (2 or 3, don't remember) and P-39's while at the factory.  For me and most there, there wasn't a huge difference between the two, especially for the price difference.

I was there for the demo with the RF7 II and the P-39 and agree with you. Very little difference for the price.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Randyh said:

some  would say the Jubilee ------or the palladium -----Both are also quite expensive

The Palladium is quite expensive, but the Jubilee is NOT. It's cheaper than a Khorn and is better in my opinion. I owned both.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

That's the only way to listen. Detail absolutely cannot be heard above 75 maybe 80 dB tops.  Buy the biggest baddest system you can and turn it down as low as possible. That's where it's at. 

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

You better believe it. More and more I listen to classical and the detail goes away when things get louder. Now I will make an exception for pipe organs as a little seat vibration on deep bass notes can be required.

Uuuuuuhhhh... You guys know this is the Klipsch forum? The Bose forum is just a couple of pages over, make sure you take your warm milk with you.😆

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MechEngVic said:

Uuuuuuhhhh... You guys know this is the Klipsch forum? The Bose forum is just a couple of pages over, make sure you take your warm milk with you.😆

In case you didn't pick up on it..... I was joking.   That seems to be a commonly held belief here.  80 VS 115 dB, sure I get it. Turning it up a little IMO won't impair any except per aps the smallest micro details.  Take a look at my system, do you think I don't listen above 80 dB 😏?   Every system is different and it's difficult to put a blanket statement on IMO.... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

In case you didn't pick up on it..... I was joking.   That seems to be a commonly held belief here.  80 VS 115 dB, sure I get it. Turning it up a little IMO won't impair any except per aps the smallest micro details.  Take a look at my system, do you think I don't listen above 80 dB 😏?   Every system is different and it's difficult to put a blanket statement on IMO.... 

I figgered, we're all decibel fiends here.

Not sure if this is the place but, In all my life I have only been aware of the usual Klipsch speakers such as the Heresy, Khorn , Belle Klipsch, Forte etc. Since becoming a member I have found an entirely 'new' speaker collection out there. Never heard of a "Jube", a KI-396 or any of the other speakers mentioned on the various Klipsch Forums. I am constantly doing Google searches to find out what the rest of you are talking about. Just want all of you to know that "I am getting schooled" by all of you. Wow!!! Klipsch is much more than my Rf-7's or my RP-160M's out in the garage. Simply amazing and I sincerely thank all of you. Time for another Stella!!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I absolutely don't believe that. I have seen a lot more of the opposite discussion. I understand the argument.  

There's a time for loud and a time for soft and even for complete silence.

• Like 1