If you thought Eico's were getting pricey ... check this out!

Curmudgeon

Unbeleivable!! I was just given one of those mugs from the owner of the local Absolute Sound. I was in his store browsing when he asked me what my current equipment was. I mentioned to him I had a pair of La Scala's, and he stopped me in mid sentence to tell me his story of how he met PWK. Even though he didn't sell Klipsch in his store, he had a tremendous amount of respect for Paul (this was just before he died).

He told me Paul gave him a coffee mug that he had had for years, and wanted to know if I wanted it. "Are you kidding?", I said. He told me he knew it would be in good hands, but after seeing this I might just have to test the waters. What do you think about a $100 reserve? 9.gif

Mike

Actually, if the mug was still "unwashed", it might have some DNA value. I know Ted Williams' son was trying to get his dad's body frozen so they could sell it off in pieces for the DNA.

Whacko.

I'm trying to remember the name of the artist back in the '70's ... "Nagel" I think ... Did contemporary prints of women in sunglasses ... My buddy was a rep for Capitol records, and Nagel did a promo with them ... They were supposed to line the walls in the stores with his prints and rebate $$ with the LPs ... or something lame like that.

Well, when the promo was over, he had about 200 signed prints by this guy, so he lined his bathroom with them, the garage with them, the basement with them. When it came time to sell the house, he pulled them down and pitched them (the staples and tape did horrible things to them) ... about 2 months later Nagel died ... and to his horror he discovered that he'd tossed about a quarter million dollars worth of artwork.

The Lord giveth ... and he taketh away ... Life is, indeed, a zero-sum game.