KHO-7 to Yamaha - 200W 2-Ch. Stereo Receiver

es1945

I have some problems with these speakers which I am trying to connect to Yamaha - 200W 2-Ch. Stereo Receiver. 

The Setup:

1. XLR Microphone to Behringer Mixer.
2. Yamaha 200W Receiver to Behringer mixer via Tape Out.
3. KHO-7 Speakers connected to Yamaha 200W Receiver.

When I connect M-Audio AV40 to the receiver I have no problems and the sound is clear, but when I connect KHO-7 I get little or no sound. I am using 14-Gauge Speaker Wire. Also if I try to use radio only with the receiver and speakers I get little or no sound as well.

Yamaha 200W can push 100 watts per speaker so no idea why it is doing this. 

Hi, are the KHO-7's new? Both have the same output problem? 100% sure the speaker wires are good? Defective wires or defective speakers. Apply some TS 101 and we'll get it figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Yeah they are new bought from BestBuy. I thought speaker wire was the issue, however, I connected M-Audio AV40 with the same wire to the same system and no problems at all, plays loud and clear. 

You think Yamaha 200W  has enough power to run these? 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/yamaha-200w-2-ch-stereo-receiver-black/5037100.p?skuId=5037100 

6 hours ago, es1945 said:

Thanks for the reply. Do you think my Yamaha 200W Receiver doesn't provide enough power? The manual states 100 watts per channel.

That's at a sufficient input level and with all the innards working as they should.

On 3/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, es1945 said:

Also if I try to use radio only with the receiver and speakers I get little or no sound as well.

Your equipment usage/hookups really aren't very clearly stated.  If what you're saying is that using the Yamaha's very own tuner section, with good-enough reception, is unable to drive the speakers to a usable level then either speakers are faulty or the receiver is either faulty or not being used / set up properly.

I had to look up both speaker models and the receiver.  At that price point the 100 Watts per channel has to be a rating derived quite generously, but it should still work fine enough.  The M-Audio speakers have their own amplifier so you'll only be able to check the amplifier function of the receiver with them by hooking up that left channel speaker (the one that doesn't have the amplifier/low-level inputs) one side at a time to the receiver's speaker outputs.  Thus driving that one "regular" speaker "normally", in which case it will be all the same as one of the Klipsches.

Do that.  If that "slave" M-Audio speaker works and the Klipsches don't, the problem isn't the amplifier (or the way it's being used).

Please make sure the basics are correct. Speaker wire connections and that the proper polarity matches speaker terminals to speaker lugs are - to - and + to +. Make sure the speaker selector switch is set properly. Only connect the KHO-7 speakers. Connect them to channel A. Only have speaker channel A engaged. Make sure you have the proper input source selected. Do not have headphones plugged in. Test. If the speakers still are not working, connect them to channel B. Only have speaker channel B engaged and test.9dbfcc60e499f99167122b852704e076.jpg

• Like 1

I use an old Yamaha HTR-5830 to power my KHO-7s and Onkyo sub outdoor system. It's only 110 watts per channel into 8 ohms. 6ec5184b5474b9b354a4914e79bf3567.jpgI just set it up to test everything, added banana plugs to the speaker wires before the season gets warmer and it goes back out.

Thank you all for fast response. Everyone shared very useful and important information. I finally managed to set up the speakers and they sound great. 

After experimenting I connected my Yamaha Receiver from Line-In to Behringer Mixer to Tape-Out Line-Out port, now when I use XLR Microphone I can hear and they sound great.

However, support finally reached out to me from Klipsch and they said I should not use the speakers for Karaoke. 

You can use any speaker / system for karaoke.  You must simply keep things in perspective and use the equipment within its design limitations.  Neither that amp nor those speakers are intended for "public address" to large, noisy crowds.  Keep it very reasonable and you should be okay.