La Scala Cabinets Baltic Birch - new - eBay - $850.

hanksjim1

1 minute ago, avguytx said:

I guess I could offer to drive a "reasonable" distance to help out.  lol.  Making these to be done as a flat pack would be a little tough with how the angles would have to be put together and not knowing if the buyer would have all the clamps, straps, etc., to put them together.  Shipping built cabinets would definitely be a little pricey.

Understand. A small(?) trailer loaded down with doing a predetermined route may work after a fashion, even with finished product. Looks like a project for the willing.

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

Understand. A small(?) trailer loaded down with doing a predetermined route may work after a fashion, even with finished product. Looks like a project for the willing.

I might could come up with a trailer.

BTW...your next post is number 10,000.  Make it count.  ;)

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2020 at 6:48 AM, Bozo73 said:

The seller quoted me $700 for shipping flat packs to Nebraska?  LA isn’t any closer, maybe the increase is due to shipping uphill.

So, you're saying that he gave you a quote for $700 for 2 bass bin flat packs including shipping to NE.?

He quoted me $725. plus (maybe) $200 for shipping. 

3 hours ago, Bozo73 said:

The $700 was for shipping only! I did not follow up with price for the pack.

I absolutely refuse to do business with anyone that can't even produce an accurate shipping quote.

I asked for one and he said, "Shipping is high maybe 200.00?" What? 

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Used pair prices have shot up this year quite a bit most likely due to the 'Rona stuff like toilet paper shortages.  ha.  If a person can build their own cabinets, you could actually come out quite good overall.  Hell, most people buy LS's, Belle's, Klipschorns, etc., then start replacing drivers, crossovers, etc., ending up with just Klipsch cabinets with new drivers.  I guess that's the reason I built a set of Belle inspired clones, as I call them.

What I am getting at, is that even though you build your own cabinet there is NO GUARANTEE it is going to sound GREAT.

The reason people buy an old cabinet and refit or upgrade the drivers, is that they know the design of the cabinet is TRIED and TRUE!

23 minutes ago, edzu1234 said:

What I am getting at, is that even though you build your own cabinet there is NO GUARANTEE it is going to sound GREAT.

The reason people buy an old cabinet and refit or upgrade the drivers, is that they know the design of the cabinet is TRIED and TRUE!

Plus, once you own these you'll never get your money out of them once you try to sell your used knock offs.

21 hours ago, avguytx said:

Used pair prices have shot up this year quite a bit most likely due to the 'Rona stuff like toilet paper shortages.  ha.  If a person can build their own cabinets, you could actually come out quite good overall.  Hell, most people buy LS's, Belle's, Klipschorns, etc., then start replacing drivers, crossovers, etc., ending up with just Klipsch cabinets with new drivers.  I guess that's the reason I built a set of Belle inspired clones, as I call them.

Prices started going up fast around Nashville at least a year and a half ago and well before wuhan flu. Things go in cycles and many of my friends were getting tired of eating out. Spending $$$ for declining food quality and portion size and getting the evil eye if you wanted to stay and visit. I figure people are rediscovering, yes even before wuhan flu, that inviting friends over for a cookout and a visit with no limits on time spent, or volume levels or in the case of many of you alcohol levels and a choice of what to watch and when to watch is becoming the in things to do again more often. This wuhan crap only helps that out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Prices started going up fast around Nashville at least a year and a half ago and well before wuhan flu. Things go in cycles and many of my friends were getting tired of eating out. Spending $$$ for declining food quality and portion size and getting the evil eye if you wanted to stay and visit. I figure people are rediscovering, yes even before wuhan flu, that inviting friends over for a cookout and a visit with no limits on time spent, or volume levels or in the case of many of you alcohol levels and a choice of what to watch and when to watch is becoming the in things to do again more often. This wuhan crap only helps that out.

Amen to that.  I'd MUCH rather eat at home and not trust that my food is being prepared like it should be.  My wife is a real stickler about that...especially being in medical.  I enjoy the gathering, the cooking, and the people more being at home than I do going through the process it takes now to go out and eat.  I hate it that people in the food service industry are losing jobs but it really doesn't make my day any different in the end.  I'll just buy half a side of beef fully processed and packaged for a tad over $300 and eat good for about 6 months or so.  And listen to good tunes and drink cheaper drinks than going out, too.