Mods on KPT-100 and 200 crossovers

Dave A

On these crossovers I would like to know if there is any reason to leave the components being jumped over on the circuit board. It just seems to me with my lack of real understanding about electronics that if I am going to jump over a coil but still leave it in the circuit I am not really entirely removing the coils influence on the circuit. Would it not be better to just remove the various items being bypassed?

KPT-200 mod for hi freq.PNG

KPT-100 mod for hi freq.jpg

It is a path of least resistance (the wire). Use your meter on each side of the components, and then put the jumper on and measure. Should be zero ohms with the jumper.

It's easier to leave the extra parts on there, even if it looks a little messy.

There will still be the potential across the component, and possibly even a minute amount of current flow through it, but it's influence will be so negligible that it's not worth the effort to remove it entirely.  I'd be surprised if even Mr. Medwin could detect its presence!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, glens said:

There will still be the potential across the component, and possibly even a minute amount of current flow through it, but it's influence will be so negligible that it's not worth the effort to remove it entirely.  I'd be surprised if even Mr. Medwin could detect its presence!

yeah but I can't fit 8g jumper wire under the board.

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2020 at 9:13 PM, Marvel said:

It is a path of least resistance (the wire). Use your meter on each side of the components, and then put the jumper on and measure. Should be zero ohms with the jumper.

It's easier to leave the extra parts on there, even if it looks a little messy.

It should end up at NEAR Zero ohms, since many meters typically include the resistance of the Meter's Wires, that need to be subtracted from the reading. YMMV.