Am I Crazy for Considering Moving to Los Angeles

Ceptorman

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Fido said:

Haters are going to hate!

Cities yes, were going to hate, the rest is perfect except codes, politicians and laws.

And your right all have pluses and minuses.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, babadono said:

U been invited B4

I'm just scared, altitude sickness and all on the top of your mountain. :lol:

It's just a long way, if not i would help with some of them projects.........like I don't have enough of my on dreamed up projects.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I finished this today. It’s 21’ tall, 12’ wide

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Hey Bill ... you're the master at this not me; but isn't it supposed to be upright?  Although I'm not opposed to a side pointing chimney.

I was going to say you really really need a level. :o

It takes a special skill to build on the side of a cliff, well done. But really it looks  great, seen some of your other jobs and they all look great. You do good work, very nice

• Like 2

17 hours ago, babadono said:

@Ceptorman I am about an hour and half out from LA. To the south half way to San Diego. That's why I was asking if you knew exactly where you'd be. Fellow Klipschaholics are always welcome.

Most of their work is in the north and west LA areas...West Hollywood, Beverly Hills. I stayed in Pasadena last time, It was nice, clean, quiet. I'm not sure where I will look to live, lots of variables. My wife is a teacher, she will need a job. My daughter just started her second year of nursing school. So location is very important. Do I stay close to work or move away to save on housing? I would like to stay west of the city, maybe close to the water...but $$$

7 hours ago, dtel said:

I was going to say you really really need a level. :o

It takes a special skill to build on the side of a cliff, well done. But really it looks  great, seen some of your other jobs and they all look great. You do good work, very nice

Every time I show a pic from my phone....it does that! Thanks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fido said:

Being California natives we have a totally different take living here than people in the rest of the country but every state I have been to, and I have been to most of them, has pluses and minuses.

Its so funny to me when people act like the only thing California has going for it is the weather. BUT... weather is pretty damned good where my wife and I live almost 90% of the year. I live near Laguna Beach and its gorgeous here - one mile from the Dana Point Harbor - stunning - my wife works in Laguna and has a great job. I have surfed in the morning and driven to the mountains to ski Big Bear in the evening. We ride our bikes over 325 days a year. Traffic sucks but I am retired so I dont have to go anywhere if I dont want to. .I have been thru many cities in the US and almost all of them have bed commuter traffic at some point in the day.

I hope no people want to move here. 

Haters are going to hate!

and yes - the weather is amazing here.- 15 minutes ago

7BE4CC97-25F3-42F1-943C-956BF61C63AF_1_105_c.jpg

That is a pic in Dana Point, Ca.  Standing, to the left of the benches, I'd say.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

My wife is a teacher, she will need a job. My daughter just started her second year of nursing school. So location is very important. Do I stay close to work or move away to save on housing? I would like to stay west of the city, maybe close to the water...but $$$

What would moving do to the wife's retirement plan? Would she lose much, or all, by relocating, and having to start over, needing to work xx number of years before becoming vested in the local school's plan?

29 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

Ah Dana Point... I remember you well. One of the very best waves destroyed by progress. It is a nice marina now, I guess.

Yes they ruined one of the best surf spots ever by building that stupid marina. The shot I posted is Killer Dana and people still occasionally surf there but Doheny only breaks on a direct south swell now. We ride our bikes to Killer Dana and Beach Road daily except when we head down to the Pier Bowl in San Clemente or T Street to get some body wamping in.

Surfs up Daddy-O

I went to UCLA and used to do a lot of my photoshoots at the Playboy Mansion in Beverly Hills but I would never ever want to live in Los Angeles!!! I hated the drive from the OC to anywhere near LA - Sometimes it was OK but a 45 minute drive with no traffic could end up being a 3 hour drive in heavy traffic. Life is too short to endure that.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

That flue took my 16 days, and I made 17k. A lot of hard work. Do I want to stay here and build them (I'm 57) or move out there and sell them and make an 8k commission?

Well it will give you time to decide if living there is for you ? Nothing wrong with trying, you may love it ?

28 minutes ago, Fido said:

I went to UCLA and used to do a lot of my photoshoots at the Playboy Mansion in Beverly Hills but I would never ever want to live in Los Angeles!!! I hated the drive from the OC to anywhere near LA - Sometimes it was OK but a 45 minute drive with no traffic could end up being a 3 hour drive in heavy traffic. Life is too short to endure that.

Did you have the fortune of shooting some band performance?

Not trying to date you but, some 60's group played there, of course.(Mansion)

Thanks

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fido said:

Yes they ruined one of the best surf spots ever by building that stupid marina. The shot I posted is Killer Dana and people still occasionally surf there but Doheny only breaks on a direct south swell now. We ride our bikes to Killer Dana and Beach Road daily except when we head down to the Pier Bowl in San Clemente or T Street to get some body wamping in.

Surfs up Daddy-O

Yeah, money trumps.... well... everything else I guess. Yacht owners vs surfers. At least you still have to work a little to get down to Black's. My favorite. And not because it has a nude beach!

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fido said:

I hated the drive from the OC to anywhere near LA - Sometimes it was OK but a 45 minute drive with no traffic could end up being a 3 hour drive in heavy traffic.

Ain't that the truth.  I lived a lot of my life in Huntington Beach and could never figure out why the 405 backs up there. There are no other freeway interchanges there, yet the traffic slows to a crawl ... even on a Saturday/sunday afternoon. 

It used to take me the better part of an hour to get home from where I worked in Irvine -- and that was only 13 miles. I started leaving work at 2:30 and there already traffic building up.  Drive in the morning was a piece of cake ... at the office in about 15 minutes. 

A long time ago, I had a job where I had to make deliveries all over Los Angeles.  Traffic didn't upset me then because I was getting paid by the hour so sitting in traffic listening to the radio was making me money.