Am I Crazy for Considering Moving to Los Angeles

Ceptorman

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Or rent one like a laker.  What could possibly go wrong?

practically none , as long as it  is a  Bell Textron  Helicopter--

There all affected by gravity, the problem is that last couple thousand feet go by really fast and money can not fix that problem.

And to think we moved from the last town we lived in because it took 30 min to get completely across town at rush hour.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

Ive always been attracted to the beach, waves and surf boards— 🏄‍♀️. I consider myself a true lover of the water sports —

Sure, if she would just get out of the way so we could see the water. :tongue:

Costing someone a small fortune, you can bet on it.

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

it took 30 min to get completely across town at rush hour.

365 hours of car traffic per  year per person  is  15 days  ---over 65 years , that's 3 years of wasted time in one's life sitting in a car -

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

Yeah, money trumps.... well... everything else I guess. Yacht owners vs surfers. At least you still have to work a little to get down to Black's. My favorite. And not because it has a nude beach!

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

I love Blacks --fantastic place to surf and people watch and just so damned beautiful

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Did you have the fortune of shooting some band performance?

Not trying to date you but, some 60's group played there, of course.(Mansion)

Thanks

I wasn't around the mansion in the 60s. I was the personal photographer for Hefs wife Crystal for about 10 years and she always wanted to shoot up there at the Mansion and I hated the drive but being her photographer was good for my business.I got bored shooting with models and when Covid started taking off I permanently retired from photography and I have not missed it at all.Its funny if you think you are decent at something you stick with it even after the passion may have died out long before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, dtel said:

There all affected by gravity, the problem is that last couple thousand feet go by really fast and money can not fix that problem.

all   helicopters should glide down in an autorotation when the main engine fails  , if  blades  are damaged ,  it's a brick falling out of the sky ---

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

all   helicopters should glide down in an autorotation when the main engine fails  , if  blades  are damaged ,  it's a brick falling out of the sky ---

Under the best circumstances yes, but you still would not want to be part of that. It would be a very rough ride and really good odds you would ruin your pants. If you don't hit something besides earth.

Ok I need to go and look at that beach pic again, I can dream. 

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Under the best circumstances yes, but you still would not want to be part of that. It would be a very rough ride and really good odds you would ruin your pants. If you don't hit something besides earth.

DTEL  it's all in God's hands ,

--pilots and crews  are trained in the Military to handle all these situations  ,  but  Civilian Pilots do not have enough Simulator or ,  in flight emergency training  , and panic  sets in - hopefully some of the FAA changes to helicopters will come to include all Civilian helicopters in the near future-

6 hours ago, Davecv41 said:

What would moving do to the wife's retirement plan? Would she lose much, or all, by relocating, and having to start over, needing to work xx number of years before becoming vested in the local school's plan?

She would lose a little I'm sure. She's 10 years younger than me, she has more time to re-coop. She does like her job, that helps a lot.

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Well it will give you time to decide if living there is for you ? Nothing wrong with trying, you may love it ?

Yes, good point. 

I still can't believe I'm considering it.

I have a pretty good gig with work here in Indy. 90% of my work are referrals, and I really don't have to sell anything, price has to be in line though. I can't find anyone or a crew to do this type of work and provide the quality that I need, so I do it all myself.

The guy in LA wants me to interact with their higher end clientele, he already has 3 sales people to sell their regular services.

58 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I have a pretty good gig with work here in Indy. 90% of my work are referrals, and I really don't have to sell anything, price has to be in line though. I can't find anyone or a crew to do this type of work and provide the quality that I need, so I do it all myself.

The guy in LA wants me to interact with their higher end clientele, he already has 3 sales people to sell their regular services.

for the first time , foreseeing a crew to do the job , versus yourself doing all the labor is not a bad idea -

• Like 1