Am I Crazy for Considering Moving to Los Angeles

Ceptorman

2 hours ago, BBBlue said:

Yes...No....It really depends on how you feel about moving there!   I can think of a lot of great reasons to move to the “City of Angels” and a few downsides.  It really all comes down to what makes you happy (sounds like Dr Phil corny but it is true).  Do what feels right and you are going in the right direction! No matter what you do I am sure it will be the right decision.  The key is to not give up what’s right because it is scary/tough/people tell you it is wrong/etc...

Thanks....that's the tough part for me, leaving them for a month. Then if I like it and decide to move, I will probably be there by myself until the summer of 2020. But it is a great opportunity, and an awesome challenge for me. I already feel homesick and haven't left yet 😪

2 hours ago, BBBlue said:

No matter what you choose I am sure it will be what is best for you and your family!  🙂

That's what it's all about.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Go for the month, see what's going on and decide from there, if the money is really good work it for a while and save. If you decide to stay you will know much better whats going on in the area by then. 

That's my plan. If I don't like it I can come home and go right back to what I'm doing now. 

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Now , you're talking -

If I stay, I see a lot of airline tickets in my future!

• Like 1

Fires are in LA County, and has affected their business, and two major projects in northeast LA were shut down this week. I'm on a 3-4 week delay, early November now. I might just wait till January when I shut down anyway. He was extremely apologetic today, but it actually helps me. I'm super busy here, and the weather has been absolutely perfect, lows in the 50s, highs mid 70s, and we haven't had any rain in three weeks. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I pretended to be a friend of mine years ago in order to get into a private rock concert. he was on the guest list and I wasn't. He had to work (he said he considered quitting but his wife threw a fit) so he asked me if I wanted to pretend to be him and go in his place. 

So Bill ... I can be you if you're having second thoughts ... for a nominal fee of course ... or just buy me a pad on one of the Bird streets and we'll call it even. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Update. 2020 was crazy. I'm still talking to this business owner, but things are vastly different. His whole business approach to sales calls has changed, not a lot of home visits. Their program now is phone interviews and video conferencing. He has updated his interview process to eliminate the people that are unwilling to pay a premium for their services. He's still trying to figure out if there's a place for me there, and I am still somewhat interested.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Sounds like it's a good thing you didn't jump on his 1st offer....

Moving to LA would still be quite an adventure....

Yes, I can only imagine being there under a pandemic, new job, 2200 miles from my family.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 6:03 PM, Jeff Matthews said:

Plus, money's all good until you let getting it interfere with your life.

Been all across the financial spectrum during various times of my life ... none of it brought happiness,   But then, guys like me probably will never be happy. 

I've learnt that having a lot of money is just one less thing that you have to think about ... has nothing to do with happiness. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 3:07 PM, Ceptorman said:

Yes, I can only imagine being there under a pandemic, new job, 2200 miles from my family.

you can do ---------3-4  months  in LA  , when it's really cold in INDY   , every year  -make 100k$ ---- the boss  shacks you up   , you guys work  together for a few months  , and you can give him a hand for that period of the year -------then back home ----for 8 months ------best of both worlds -   no pressure --

• Like 1