Klipsch RF-7 IV & RC-64 IV Upgrade Release - 2021

Oniiz86

I was just wandering if the flagship RF-7 III & RC-64 III will see an upgrade later this year or some time in 2021?

I know there was a 7 year gap between the IIs & IIIs (2010 to 2017) but curious if the IIIs will see an update shortly to the Mk IV version, could we see an updated design for the RC-64 IV having 2 rear Tractrix ports or possibly front ported.

The Heresy III went from a sealed design to the IVs being ported, I know not quite a good comparison.

Do you think the RC-64 IV will remain a sealed design?

• 9 months later...

I was curious whether anyone had some insider info on whether the Reference RF-7 III/RC-64 III flagship models will see a refresh next year, a fourth iteration perhaps as it was recently discovered the Heritage lineup will see the introduction of the Forte IV which will be announced shortly & possibly be available in February @$4500/pr, the Forte III was announced in July 2017 & is only 3.5 years old so it seems model refreshes are much sooner compared to the past.

It could be a possibility as I don't think many were expecting to see the Forte IVs arriving sometime in February, the Forte IIIs are still fairly recent, I suppose I'm getting hung up by a sole singular disparaging "professional" review about the RF-7 IIIs I read but I'm well aware that amongst Klipsch enthusiasts they have received unanimous praise.

4 minutes ago, Oniiz86 said:

It could be a possibility as I don't think many were expecting to see the Forte IVs arriving sometime in February, the Forte IIIs are still fairly recent, I suppose I'm getting hung up by a sole singular disparaging "professional" review about the RF-7 IIIs I read but I'm well aware that amongst Klipsch enthusiasts they have received unanimous praise.

That's the best part about what Klipsch speakers offer. You can get the "in your face" RF7llls, or the laid back Forte lls, CW4...etc. There are many choices of sound from different styles of speakers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oniiz86 said:

It could be a possibility as I don't think many were expecting to see the Forte IVs arriving sometime in February, the Forte IIIs are still fairly recent

It makes sense with the forte as it aligns them with the Heresy and Cornwall, not just in name but with newer mid driver and tweeter technologies possibly / probably updated crossover as well. This not only ensures the forte has the latest and greatest parts but it simplifies purchasing and inventory controls maybe even driving costs down a little with bulk purchasing.

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

That's the best part about what Klipsch speakers offer. You can get the "in your face" RF7llls, or the laid back Forte lls, CW4...etc. There are many choices of sound from different styles of speakers.

I'd love to hear the new line up-- the original RF-7's are fantastic speakers can only imagine how good the III's sound.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:51 AM, Oniiz86 said:

Do you think the RC-64 IV will remain a sealed design?

I believe it will as there's no room on an already large speaker for front ports and rear ports on a center speaker can be problematic for placement / positioning reasons.