Ampsandsound Kenzie Encore No longer For Sale

jwc

I'm selling this with some regret but it's time to move on.  I need to further simply my system and purchase a DAC and make room for additional audio components.  My son streams movies and music a lot so I'm gonna gear the system for that.

I have put up a review of this unit before:

Here is the website description:

https://www.ampsandsound.com/products/kenzie-encore-headphone-amp

Watch my video.  I have three sets of tubes:

This unit doesn't have the Coupling Auricaps.  Justin wasn't offering those at the time.  He and I discussed various upgrade caps and I was gonna do it on my own but I chickened out.  You could touch base with him if you wanted me to ship to him for a change out to whatever cap you want.  Unit sounds great the way it is....I just contemplated a change.  You know how it is.
I've sold a lot of stuff here before.  I've done my best to explain the condition and functionality.   Now, this unit plays clean in my system.  I've sold tube stuff before and realize tube stuff can be finicky.  I didn't experience that with this unit.  

There are three sets of tubes here in case a particular one you find faulty or not to your liking.

Fedex ground shipping insured in CONUS:  $1350  PP Friends and family or a cleared check.
jc

• Like 2

I wouldn't use peanuts if I were you. That unit is gonna shift all over the place. Sure way to make the package awkward for the carriers and possibly damage the preamp. I'd use a combination of rigid foam and bubblewrap in each box. Keeping the heaviest part (the rear transformer side- one power and two little output transformers) of the preamp in the center of the package. It might spare yourself and the buyer a potential nightmare. Double boxing is definitely a good idea though. Just my opinion.

3 hours ago, hatrack1971 said:

I wouldn't use peanuts if I were you. That unit is gonna shift all over the place. Sure way to destroy it and make the package awkward for the carriers. Use rigid foam and bubblewrap and spare yourself and the buyer a potential nightmare. Double boxing is definitely a good thing though. Just my opinion.

what he said 😎

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip.  I have shipped with this method for decades a substantial amount of times.  The tubes are in a rigid box with some "compression" with closing.  The amp is bubble wrapped... then in peanuts with "compression".  The two boxes are touching nothing but peanuts and closed with "compression".

There will be no shifting.   I purposely show my packing.....as Ive done this multiple hundreds of times.  If you shake the box.....dead still and quiet.

I probably shipped out about 40 heavy items in the last 3 years including vintage tube amps and other amps and vintage receivers.  On ebay....I show the pictures of how I package just like I've done here.  So far....no issues.

jc

• Like 2