More Tube Pain

John Warren

On 8/29/2020 at 3:43 PM, CECAA850 said:

Meh.  Printed circuit.  We all know point to point with silver mil spec wire is where its at.

:ph34r:

Unless you're building in an old Lincoln or Hobart cabinet, it's difficult to get a 57 1/8" long printed circuit board to fit. Much easier to figure 8 the wire, and tie wrap it in the middle.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Davecv41 said:

Unless you're building in an old Lincoln or Hobart cabinet, it's difficult to get a 57 1/8" long printed circuit board to fit. Much easier to figure 8 the wire, and tie wrap it in the middle.

These memes are spreading like ... like ... like a pandemic!

39 minutes ago, John Warren said:

First it was the two resistor thing.

And now this.

What's next?

You have no idea.  He claims to hear the difference of 1/8 inch when moving a free standing tweeter on top of a speaker.  He linked an article talking about the sound differences in the color of zip ties.  The list goes on and on and on.........

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Edgar said:

Believe it or not, there were claims made about the color of zip ties to use to strap components to a circuit board.

One can "claim" anything right?  So not hard to believe.

The point isn't to get wrapped around the axle, but the one making the claim is responsible for providing the substantiation.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Warren said:

... the one making the claim is responsible for providing the substantiation.    

Indeed, but the one making the claim is also the one who believes that "because I said so" is sufficient substantiation.

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

Indeed, but the one making the claim is also the one who believes that "because I said so" is sufficient substantiation.

I was about to write something similar.  There's no way to prove or disprove what someone hears and that's being used as the first line of rebuttal to all the outrageous claims.  Anyone with a modicum of sense knows otherwise though.

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

There's no way to prove or disprove what someone hears and that's being used as the first line of rebuttal to all the outrageous claims.  Anyone with a modicum of sense knows otherwise though.

And with that we've taken this thread off the rails -- it's as much my fault as anyone elses, so I apologize. I will attempt to redeem myself by repeating an earlier comment: I have my father's Scott LK-72 and it's a sweet-sounding amplifier (because I said so). So my congratulations to @John Warren for some beautiful work.