Can’t sleep

mr clean

2 hours ago, mr clean said:

It’s 4 in the morning and I’m wide awake. How do you get to sleep when your staring at the ceiling? The older I get the more I struggle with it!

keep some pistachios on your nite stand when you wake up eat just one as it contains enough natural Melatonin to drop you back into your sleep cycle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I switched jobs a few months back. Got out of retail and now work nights for a large pharmaceutical firm, 6:30 pm to 3 or 4 am. Typically I get home and fall asleep around 6 or 7 am, then wake up around noon or 1 pm. Or like today, here it is after 8 am and I'm wide awake. 

I need to look into getting onto the day shift. I hate sleeping the day away, just to get up and go right back into work. Not to mention I don't really get to see my other half all week long since she gets up and goes into work while I'm sleeping, then when I'm leaving for work, she's coming home from work. Blah. 😶

• Thanks 1

Over the counter Melatonin works well.  Do some research and find the best/most trusted.  Put one tab under your tongue and let it dissolve there about 30-45 minutes before bed.

Also stop eating and drinking late in the evening, makes a big difference.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the posts! It’s funny some of the things you guys said, was like you were talking to me specifically. I had pistachio’s before I went to bed. I’ve worked shift work for over 35 years, and the bong hit  one was spot on. That one kept me up more than it helped me sleep, but things worked out. I learned to leave the bong alone for 19 more months. That’s when I hope to retire.

Good luck to you.  I normally wake up around 4:00 myself (anywhere from 3:00/3:30 on...)  so can relate with catching the first worm.

In my case, I just get up, turn the news on and start my day.  

It's when my wife starts talking to me about spring cleaning or adding another room onto the house that I'm able to fall into a deep sleep.

:emotion-14:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Good luck to you.  I normally wake up around 4:00 myself (anywhere from 3:00/3:30 on...)  so can relate with catching the first worm.

In my case, I just get up, turn the news on and start my day.  

It's when my wife starts talking to me about spring cleaning or adding another room onto the house that I'm able to fall into a deep sleep.

:emotion-14:

I usually wake up around 3 or 3:30 but we just sprang forward a hour. So at least im consistent. Ive been working swing shift all the way back to when I was 21. Im sure my internal clock is pretty messed up. 

11 minutes ago, mr clean said:

I guess it she's not game you could call a single neighbor lady if you ok it with the wife first.🤙

7 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

she should be fine with it as long as you offer it to her first.

5 minutes ago, mr clean said:

She may even thank her for it.

Man, this place is full of good ideas

• Haha 2