Can’t sleep

mr clean

3 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Home remedy that most-always works for insomnia:  Small juice glass of elderberry wine about half-hour before bedtime...elderberry wine is also an analgesic and works like aspirin for headaches and such.

I have made some great elderberry wine. I have made some that sucked also.

2 minutes ago, mr clean said:

I have made some great elderberry wine. I have made some that sucked also.

Fun Fact: the quote "your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elder berries" is said because hamsters reproduce a LOT (implying she's a *****) and elder berries were used for the making of alcohol (implying he was a drunk).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, NADman said:

Zopiclone 7.5 mg. At my age I don't really care if it's addictive or bad for me.

Sleep like baby and wake up rested, alert and hungry. Now, where are my pooched eggs?

Holy cow, insomnia is the REAL pandemic!

I am on my Zopiclone phase right now too.

Wanted something that wouldn’t hold me back in the morning. This stuff just vanishes favourably in my system.

Turns out I wake up in four hours anyway.

I don’t have a problem falling asleep, I have a problem STAYING asleep. Five hours a night is golden.

Years ago I had Seroquel prescribed. Now that was magic. If you are a morning person you wake up with a smile on your face! If you’re not, you can’t get out of bed, lol.

Unfortunately there are some health risks associated with it now so my family doctor won’t pen it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Schu said:

Take a bong hit

Funny you say that but I went to a local dispensary grand opening. I spoke to a doctor who was there about my issues sleeping and he said he had a combo of cbn cbd and small amount thc that would make me sleep all night and wake up refreshed. Very interesting all the conditions they can treat. Still thinking about it.

• Like 1

Valerian Root is effective with some side effects possible. Not in a derogatory sense lasting. Chamomile as well has been long used as a pacifier. 

Care should be taken when used with other prescribed medication as, no one wants uninvited interaction between prescribed and effective herbals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, seti said:

Funny you say that but I went to a local dispensary grand opening. I spoke to a doctor who was there about my issues sleeping and he said he had a combo of cbn cbd and small amount thc that would make me sleep all night and wake up refreshed. Very interesting all the conditions they can treat. Still thinking about it.

No reason to reply or expected. As you may know or not, THC can produce different effects dependent upon the user. One thing we do know is, there is no detectable harm in trying...imo

23 hours ago, Coytee said:

Good luck to you.  I normally wake up around 4:00 myself (anywhere from 3:00/3:30 on...)  so can relate with catching the first worm.

In my case, I just get up, turn the news on and start my day.  

It's when my wife starts talking to me about spring cleaning or adding another room onto the house that I'm able to fall into a deep sleep.

:emotion-14:

Sounds like my routine.

I'm in the same boat. I get up from 2:30 on... 4:30 is sleeping in. Getting light at 6 almost justifies being up at that time.  In a couple month, I'll be working in the yard [or fishing] by 5AM.

Shift work would kill me. Had a graveyard, 10:30PM - 6:30AM.... Since I could, I changed that to 4AM - noon. Getting up at 2:30AM is easier than staying up until then, for me.

fwiw

my wife is a night person. More than once have we crossed paths, me getting up and her headed to bed. Could work out.... but she's not "in the mood".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

exercise helps me more and more often than most other things.   I bed down early. Shortly after sundown.  After 4 or 5 hours, if I wake, I get up. Rested enough to clear the fog from my eyes.

bong hits wind me up more than makes me sleepy...

"couch lock", no... not in my brand

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Valerian Root is effective with some side effects possible. Not in a derogatory sense lasting. Chamomile as well has been long used as a pacifier. 

Care should be taken when used with other prescribed medication as, no one wants uninvited interaction between prescribed and effective herbals.

I have taken it in the past and it does help. It clears the mind. Keeps it from thinking about all the things in your life. They talk about life extension. Can you imagine all the shit you would go thru in 300 years or so! I think humans have taken about all their minds can handle in 80 or 90 years. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I think you have described "worry"  and the benefits of being a responsible person

prayer/meditation can be useful.

My problem is I think of all the things I can and can't change. I treat others well. I just screw up from time to time . Im getting better, but far from perfect. Life gets hard if you live long enough. But all in all i am a happy person.  

• Like 2

Valerian root has a terrible smell. My wife won't let it back in the house.

As a matter of speculation, it has yet to be determined to satisfaction, the true

THC and cannibinol derivative beneficial results other than anecdotal. One could venture to consider this as being a positive.

Thanks!

Actually not anecdotal. There has been alot of research and with the uptick in use even more research to continue.

Where I agree with you on an ecdoital is the magical cure all of CBD oil on its own. They think it can cure anything.

I have had some luck with EmergenZZZZZZ not for staying asleep but for getting to sleep.

https://www.emergenc.com/products/sleep

• Thanks 1

You will laugh that I wonder why I can't sleep but, lately I have enjoyed listening to scary stories before I go to sleep. I haven't been sleeping better or worse. I just enjoy nightmares lol. Scare me more than any movie I have watched. I wish you could record them. Someday we will im sure.