Can’t sleep

mr clean

2 hours ago, mr clean said:

My problem is I think of all the things I can and can't change. I treat others well. I just screw up from time to time. Im getting better, but far from perfect. Life gets hard if you live long enough. But all in all i am a happy person.  

^^^^
THIS (!) is precisely why taking hits from the bong is an absolute no-no  for me as a sleep aid. Pretty much for all intents and purposes.

It is uncomfortably humbling, lol

IF I don’t get inspired to fabricate something from parts lying around the house, or start some other extraneous project, I reflect upon all of the things I could have done differently for the next time it happens.

Having a conscience is not all it’s cracked up to be, and impairing it just exacerbates the consequences. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, geoff. said:

^^^^
THIS (!) is precisely why taking hits from the bong is an absolute no-no  for me as a sleep aid. Pretty much for all intents and purposes.

It is uncomfortably humbling, lol

IF I don’t get inspired to fabricate something from parts lying around the house, or start some other extraneous project, I reflect upon all of the things I could have done differently for the next time it happens.

Having a conscience is not all it’s cracked up to be, and impairing it just exacerbates the consequences. 

I can't smoke weed because of my job.

11 minutes ago, Schu said:

you tried Camomile tea before bed as yet?

That is a marital aid...not the kind that you think. 

We had some on vacation and loved it.  Bought a small teapot and small Japanese tea cups with no handles.  We like to sip tea and talk after dinner.  it is really nice. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, seti said:

Funny you say that but I went to a local dispensary grand opening. I spoke to a doctor who was there about my issues sleeping and he said he had a combo of cbn cbd and small amount thc that would make me sleep all night and wake up refreshed. Very interesting all the conditions they can treat. Still thinking about it.

I have terrible anxiety. CBD tincture works fantastic for me. I have had only 1 panic attack in 3 years since using it. The attacks are friggin mean! I have the option of a 'morning' or 'evening' tincture. The difference in terpenes will either give you a slight boost (morning) or a slight help in the nod off direction. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Even St.John's Wart is effective for anxiety. I named it the Poor man's Prozac.. not to be taken with prescribed meds for depression.

Yes that Valerian is not a nice smell or it after taste and not to be taken daily was my results. Have taken the ones I mentioned. Chamomile is nice, as well as Peppermint Tea  Would do DD before taking herbals in any case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr clean said:

You will laugh that I wonder why I can't sleep but, lately I have enjoyed listening to scary stories before I go to sleep. I haven't been sleeping better or worse. I just enjoy nightmares lol. Scare me more than any movie I have watched. I wish you could record them. Someday we will im sure.

Poe has a short story just for you...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr clean said:

I have taken it in the past and it does help. It clears the mind. Keeps it from thinking about all the things in your life. They talk about life extension. Can you imagine all the shit you would go thru in 300 years or so! I think humans have taken about all their minds can handle in 80 or 90 years. 

There is also the power of suggestion. In this case self or auto suggestion. An example is this.

A Poe story adapted to film called Never bet the devil your head, has a beautiful woman speaking into the ear of one troubled soul, She is speaking clearly and with purposeful sincerity and confidence and slowly saying... I know you, I have come to comfort you, I am here for you, do not be afraid, all will be well, when I finish speaking, you will remember me, I will be watching you, relax now and fear not what is to come...you are safe...etc.

Good night...etc...I am getting sleepy writing this .. enjoy life...

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 2:06 AM, mr clean said:

It’s 4 in the morning and I’m wide awake. How do you get to sleep when your staring at the ceiling? The older I get the more I struggle with it!

4 pages of posts.  Are you feeling sleepy yet?🤔 

No late night drinking or snacks if you do that, that is,  or scary stories.   Play this video tonight and report back in the morning.  Your eyes are already getting heavy.😀

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Shiva said:

4 pages of posts.  Are you feeling sleepy yet?🤔 

No late night drinking or snacks if you do that, that is,  or scary stories.   Play this video tonight and report back in the morning.  Your eyes are already getting heavy.😀

3 am and I was wide awake. Stayed in bed and I’m just getting up for a 12 hr shift starting at noon. I listened to this as I have others before and it helps a little. I will try a few things listed. But I have tried some of them before. I need some of that stuff they give you for a colonoscopy. That stuff is truly magical!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mr clean said:

3 am and I was wide awake. Stayed in bed and I’m just getting up for a 12 hr shift starting at noon. I listened to this as I have others before and it helps a little. I will try a few things listed. But I have tried some of them before. I need some of that stuff they give you for a colonoscopy. That stuff is truly magical!

Sorry about the waking up part  Did some subliminal suggestion on myself. Do not know but slept well and vivid dream in color and details. Some olive drab as was with army unit breathing underwater without assistance, saw 2 brothers there. . . Clandestine operation obviously, and the female soldiers were brilliant.

• Like 2

@mr clean

are doing shift work? That makes for continual "jet lag".

I presume you have tried white noise generators?

Seems like you have a lot on your mind. Problems to solve. Is there any one thing you can resolve that will ease your stress?

Haven't read the whole thread and I will assume that exercise and a dose of endorphins [sex] has been suggested? Men are [in]famous for rolling over and playing dead....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

@mr clean

are doing shift work? That makes for continual "jet lag".

I presume you have tried white noise generators?

Seems like you have a lot on your mind. Problems to solve. Is there any one thing you can resolve that will ease your stress?

Haven't read the whole thread and I will assume that exercise and a dose of endorphins [sex] has been suggested? Men are [in]famous for rolling over and playing dead....

I was going thru a few things but  getting better all the time. I tried some Procaps Night Time. Works very well. Its helping alot. Subliminal suggestion I will have to do some reading on it. Thanks to all. Great thread!

https://www.procapslabs.com/Products/Details/268446021/Night-Time 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2