Can’t sleep

mr clean

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

@mr clean

are doing shift work? That makes for continual "jet lag".

I presume you have tried white noise generators?

Seems like you have a lot on your mind. Problems to solve. Is there any one thing you can resolve that will ease your stress?

Haven't read the whole thread and I will assume that exercise and a dose of endorphins [sex] has been suggested? Men are [in]famous for rolling over and playing dead....

I have worked shift work most of my life. 36 years in all. Hopefully less than two years from being done. 

I thought I was going to explain changing your production hours.

What time you get up and what time you got to sleep.

For me early early morning hours, to work and back home and in bed by 8:00pm

I realized I can wake up and still stare at the ceiling. Turn off the news, take a hit and turn on the tunes.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 2:41 PM, blissann said:
Watching TV might be too much brain stimulation. Try reading a boring legal brief. That should help you nod right off again! Also I discovered that after taking CBD oils I slip into a heavy coma sleep ( unusual since I'm a light sleeper) and wake early.

Have heard that before... welcome.

• Like 1

• Moderators

A really good talk about sleep with many stats, people have no idea how sleep affects them. With a Professor of Neuroscience and Physiology, Matthew Walker. 

If nothing else it might put you to sleep, but it really is interesting.  NSF language

• Like 1

@mr clean

have you tried "weighted" blankets or [don't laugh] swaddling

they can be helpful

I worked as a mechanic at a bowling alley

Once in a while, we would get an intermittent problem that would require us to "sit on" a machine.... observing the machine. I would catch myself waking on the 2 X 12 catwalk on top of the machines when it shut down....   6ft to a concrete floor on one side ... the machine on the other

Give me a bed, I roll all over the place.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

have you tried "weighted" blankets or [don't laugh] swaddling

they can be helpful

Works every time with our 10 month old grand daughter for her nap, knocks her out every time with no fighting for her to stay still.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

exercise in evening an hour or two before bed....with some melatonin 30 min before you want to sleep...and then you got to turn off phone, tv, stereo.....if anything only white noise to block outside sounds...and then relax to fall asleep.  If that fails, a BJ always makes me want to sleep afterward. ;)

• Confused 1