Can’t sleep

mr clean

Anyone with this affliction certainly has my empathy. A long time friend somehow developed insomnia. For 6 months he hardly slept. He told me many times ,and I agreed he was losing his mind. After lots of consultations that hardly helped...He changed his entire routine and diet. A few months later he was getting some relief. One year from that time he was actually sleeping a lot, to me anyway, about 10+ hours a day. That's been almost 20 years ago, no relapse even though he has picked back up a few old habits. Everyone is different but at some point anything may be worth a try.

• Like 1

A combination of melatonin and this help me .

I use other noise generated stuff but this one is my go to . Put it on the HT before I go to bed and turn off the monitor . Bedroom is 20' down the hallway and it sounds like I'm camping out . Those critters kind of throw their sound and the effect is pretty cool . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hittin' me hard lately, but I know what it is. Stress and some other negatives I'm stricken with for a while now. My cure? Shot of bourbon couple times a week, but not two nights in a row. Then making changes that aren't like the norm for me, to "break out". If I can truncate that to only take two weeks, all the better!

• Like 2

On 6/24/2023 at 12:44 PM, JohnJ said:

Hittin' me hard lately, but I know what it is. Stress and some other negatives I'm stricken with for a while now. My cure? Shot of bourbon couple times a week, but not two nights in a row. Then making changes that aren't like the norm for me, to "break out". If I can truncate that to only take two weeks, all the better!

Bourbon every night

You will sleep like the Dead. 😀

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Bourbon every night

You will sleep like the Dead. 😀

True!

But I WILL NOT pickle this good liver I got when I was 38 like I did the first one. If it messes with me two nights in a row? I pour a glass of milk then go back for it a half hour or so later!