Happy birthday Paul

• Moderators

Wish I could have had the chance to meet him, Happy Birthday PWK.

The first watermelon festival we worked made me realize how special he really was with people. For 2 days people would walk up to the Klipsch booth and talk about Mr Paul, they were excited to tell their stories.  Some were past employees and others who had just known him or met him a couple of times. You could see as they told their stories they thought he was special and were proud to have known or met him. 

I have never seen so many people excited to have known someone and even as a boss he was respected by everyone. Not one person we met had a bad thing to say about him, everyone respected and were happy to have known him. Even when we're around Hope and someone would see we were from out of town they would ask what we were in town for, and when when we told them we were doing something for Klipsch or the Museum everyone had a story about PWK, It was kind of shocking the first bunch of times.

I have always thought he was special just for starting a company and being able to keep it going through some very hard times in a small town with a product that was a complete luxury for almost 75 years. And of course all of his accomplishments in many different fields,  but to know at the same time he affected many people in a positive way is just as special.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, dtel said:

Even when we're around Hope and someone would see we were from out of town they would ask what we were in town for

They were speed-dialing the Sheriff's office.... :o

That said, it would have been fun to have met him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have always thought he was special just for starting a company and being able to keep it going through some very hard times in a small town with a product that was a complete luxury for almost 75 years. And of course all of his accomplishments in many different fields,  but to know at the same time he affected many people in a positive way is just as special.

Although I never had the chance to meet him.  Years ago I knew he was destined to be legendary.  The La Scala's just sounded too good to be true and were my dream speakers @ $1500 each.  Today they sound even better because those who truly KNEW him, like Chief Bonehead, are carrying his torch.  It's not just him though it's everyone at the corporate level standing tall because they know PWK is watching.  I'm sure when people talk of him in Hope they're sincere.  The economic impact on the area has been realized over time by them.  They've seen him work and have seen the results of that work today.  The former employees that are members of the forum give testimony all the time.  Laffs, quirks and business.  There's no doubt those who worked with and for him loved what they did.  To me that's a REAL business man.  So yup PWK Happy Birthday!  We're all smiling because of you!

•  
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, jason str said:

And still putting smiles on peoples faces for years to come.

One time someone asked me if I had one question to ask PWK what would it be?

I would have asked him if he really realized how much pleasure his inventions gave to people. He has affected people for millions of hours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Happy Birthday PWK …… :smile:

Paul loved Mexican food, and usually followed it with vanilla ice cream. It was the morning after when Paul was in the bathroom of the old lab which had no door (now the museum). He was quite vocal about the burning pain from Montezuma's revenge, and was finally heard exclaiming: "Come on ice cream!"

Source - Bob Moers via GG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've been lucky enough to have introduced people to your name Mr. Klipsch.

Both introduced to and remembered for a long time if they happened to ask me how they could clearly hear the words from a block away!

No BS here either!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Happy Birthday PWK …… :smile:

Paul loved Mexican food, and usually followed it with vanilla ice cream. It was the morning after when Paul was in the bathroom of the old lab which had no door (now the museum). He was quite vocal about the burning pain from Montezuma's revenge, and was finally heard exclaiming: "Come on ice cream!"

Source - Bob Moers via GG

Eccentric as he may have been, I dunno but I'm starting to vote that on the side of "TMI".....

• Thanks 1