How do I connect two devices to the analog external inputs on my AVR

Gerry

I have my DVD/Blueray player connected to my older AVR via the analog external inputs and the sound is awesome (I use only six rca/composite cables; I don't use the "surround back"). I would like to connect a second device this way but only have one set of inputs. I know they make many different kinds of selector switches where one can connect multiple devices to one set of inputs but I cannot find one for this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could connect two devices to this one set of external analog inputs? Thank you everyone.

If you are connecting via RCA cables, there are lots of switch boxes that will do that. Check Monoprice and you will see a lot of choices. To switch all 6 cables, you could use 2 or 3 switch boxes depending on how they are wired. A input switcher links L and R to a switch while a composite TV switch box links L R and Video so 2 boxes would switch 6 lines.

1 hour ago, Cal Blacksmith said:

a composite TV switch box links L R and Video so 2 boxes would switch 6 lines.

I hadn't thought of that but it's perfectly logical and probably the only way to do this as I really don't think they make what I'm looking for - I'd just have to push two buttons instead of one; no big deal. Thanks for the suggestion; I'll look into that!