CD player recommendations?

Gintaras

Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good, solid CD player, with nice aesthetics to go with..

Sometimes, and I don't think I'm alone here.. I play my music LOUD! So loud in fact, that my CD player sometimes skips, it's a good player, a Panasonic DVD-RP62, but looking for something little heavier, chunkier, and that won;t skip when turning the SX-1250 past half way..

Also looking for a sub to go with my Chorus I/Heresey I setup, but may start another post about that.

1 hour ago, Gintaras said:

Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good, solid CD player, with nice aesthetics to go with..

How much would you like to spend?

Do you want it to be silver like your Pioneer?

Bill

I have a Sony that sounds good, but skips every time it hears music. Plus on on the Marantz CD6005, had one of those. I want to try the 6006, or better yet, an 8006, which the xxx6 are supposed to have better DACs. I have 2 NAD players that I like, the 2542 and 542. A lot of DVD players sound good.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, willland said:

How much would you like to spend?

Do you want it to be silver like your Pioneer?

Bill

probably 150-200 tops, I don't have a lot of CD's. mostly vinyl 
I understand that most CD players were late 80's early 90's, and black was the standard color, and that's fine.

45 minutes ago, Gintaras said:

probably 150-200 tops

Tough unless used but possible.  I have scored some gems over the years at that price and below.

I would not hesitate to suggest these two budget players.

https://hifiheaven.net/shop/Products/Super-Audio-CD-CD-Players--and-Transports/Onkyo-C-7030-CD-Player?sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100

https://hifiheaven.net/shop/Products/Super-Audio-CD-CD-Players--and-Transports/Yamaha-CD-S300-CD-Player-With-iPod-and-USB-Compatibilty-Demo?sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100

Also look for a Cambridge Audio 640C as well as a 650C.

5 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I have 2 NAD players that I like, the 2542 and 541

Great sounding players.  I own the C542.

5 hours ago, ILI said:

Marantz cd5005

That should work.

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willland said:

Great sounding players.  I own the C542.

I meant to type 542, and you're the reason I bought it. I has came close to buying the Yamaha you linked, and they are made in silver too. 

2 hours ago, Gintaras said:

probably 150-200 tops, I don't have a lot of CD's. mostly vinyl 

I have read that the TEAC P650 does well. It's made in China, so, there's that...

2 hours ago, Gintaras said:

I understand that most CD players were late 80's early 90's, and black was the standard color, and that's fine.

The newer ones have better DAC and read heads. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I have read that the TEAC P650 does well. It's made in China, so, there's that...

Thanks for all the replies, I'm reading all of them and researching each model, those newer ones from hifiheaven are sexy..  

Funny you mention TEAC..  this is local and only $60
https://louisville.craigslist.org/ele/d/louisville-teac-ad-3-cd-player-cassette/7089459756.html

At your price range, have a look at the Tascam or Marantz PMD series.

These are single disc players that were used in pro/commercial environments. As such, the knobs and transports are a bit sturdier and have digital, analogue (sometimes balanced) outputs.  You can find them fairly cheap on eBay. I have a couple that were pulled out of television studio and have been quite happy. The new ones will cost considerably more.

Good luck,

-Tom

Not all CD players are old fashioned against streaming and flac's . Well, there are also exceptions, SACD players with external 2 Bits DAC's for example . 

Regardless of the price range, you can't go wrong with a used Marantz CD player..........0059.gif

marantz-sa-11s3-cd-player-aussen.jpg

SA11-S3 von innen.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys just wanted to thank you all for the recommendations, I upgraded my turntable instead 😄

Went from an Audio-Technica LP-120 to a Pioneer PL-540

Kinda surprised that the PL gets more "feedback" and bass interference that then AT (wow and flutter?), but is sure does sound amazing, so rich and full..

• Like 1