Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

You ought to watch more of them, it remains a favorite genre.

I do sometimes, love cheesy sci-fi or medieval or mythical stories! 

Needed some stuff, and last I heard yesterday there were three cases around the metro area.

Did set up my respirator and boy.... did I get some looks. This was right before lunch today. Condescending, snarky, laughter  even one bi&^% that followed me for a couple minutes giggling the whole time, yea I turned around to discern if she was looking at her phone or something else.

F-em is how I feel, it's a free country to me and always will be!

Line to the checkouts was forty yards deep plus.

IMG-20200313-113839.jpg

IMG-20200313-113843.jpg

ALL poultry was gone and heard a gal on her phone saying that they did not know when they would get more or more ground beef.

Get my beef elsewhere where I can get an appropriate amount but they grind their chuck there!

If Holly Farms and Perdue just one county east of here shut down it will be felt everywhere!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I do sometimes, love cheesy sci-fi or medieval or mythical stories! 

Poe, compleat collection...you are covered on all 3.. Gothic and more... Mystery Science Theatre is still around and...a hoot. .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Edgar said:

Pretty soon you'll be able to trade ammo for toilet paper.

Not looking to trade either - have enough ammo to protect the TP - 

Local Lowe’s had quite a few masks, I passed. Aldi is across the street and never have I seen their lot so packed, I passed.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness - always been a hand washer I’ll just turn it up a bit. Now if I can just stop picking my nose I should be good to go —   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Not looking to trade either - have enough ammo to protect the TP - 

All kidding aside, though this is probably new to most of us, it is not new. My parents told me of quarantines for polio, smallpox, measles, etc. (Dad actually had polio as a child, but recovered.) So what was old is new again. They coped. We will cope.

• Like 3

*THIS IS NOT POLITICAL*

Been watching the Trump speech declaring a national emergency including statements from several CEO’s and their companies involvement with testing, offering facilities etc. Seemed a cohesive effort. They showed the stock market ticker climb during the speech which gained over 9% at the time —. Maybe some needed direction, planning—

• Like 1

I think I will have to start taking this seriously.  I just went to a couple of stores and for the first time in my life I saw an entire aisle, both sides, empty shelves. 

I don't think there is a roll of toilet paper or paper towels in this town for sale.

bags of dried beans ... gone

peanut butter ... nearly gone

canned goods ... dwindling

saw three people shopping wearing masks. 

it is starting to resemble those news clips we see of third world countries where store shelves are empty.

it is twice as bad as yesterday.  Today, the store was packed and everyone had carts that were full to the brim.

I had to laugh as the cashier asked the old man in front of me, "did you find everything okay?"

I kept quiet, but wanted to say "there isn't much left."

She told me that they just closed all the schools for a month.  feel sorry for those financially strapped that can't afford childcare. 

those of you from hurricane country have probably seen this type of behavior before ... but it's new to me.

• Like 3

There were rumours from those who know someone...that we have a case in town at the hospital, and the city is considering an Italian style shutdown.  Luckily they still had peeps, including Hot Tamale flavor.  The hardest hit aisles were the beans and rice, and the paper goods, with facial tissue the barest shelves.  TP was dented, but still in good supply.  I remember in scouts that we called it AP, for all purpose, so that could explain part of the demand.