Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

17 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

😅

That doesn't happen. I mean, it will for a minute, maybe two. When I went to Costco the other day, everyone was accommodating one another. I figured it might be due to it being a member's only store and from what I am hearing, that might have a little to do with it. 

In all reality, if things get worse, it will be more like a Mad Max plot.

Ex: 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-arrest-looting-dollar-store-hurricane-florence/story?id=57855279

https://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com/news/video-reporter-confronts-looters-at-family-dollar-store-in-nc/

This is really funny, but insane.  We have a full stock of TP, meaning the amount that we usually buy when we get low making sure that each bathroom has plenty.  I make the mistake of thinking that people think things out and really did not realize that they were buying this much.

She has a whole cart full and needs the last one?  How much does she use? 

What I really think is happening is that she knows that everyone is buying TP so she figures if she gets as much as possible she will be safe, like a comfort blanket.  People go into panic mode and make very poor decisions and take the wrong actions.  Did anyone in her family tell her that they will need food and supplies to make it through a quarantine period and that she should buy that instead of a cart full of TP?  Is she going to eat the TP? 

1 minute ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Is she going to eat the TP? 

right along with the girl that licks airplane toilet seats.

if she eats it, I'll bet that tv show My Secret Addiction (or whatever it is called) will want to do her story.

So, in the TP eating world, is one-ply the equivalent of being on a diet and the three ply is thanksgiving dinner?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

She has a whole cart full and needs the last one?  How much does she use? 

I'm still listening on this one. If someone was hoarding to price gouge or if it's a safety type item, then I can see a restriction. I was just now out buying more things that I need. The had bleach, and a sign saying limit 2 gallon, I get that. 

Maybe she doesn't have a box of warn out disposable socks, I do lol.

13 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I'm still listening on this one. If someone was hoarding to price gouge or if it's a safety type item, then I can see a restriction. I was just now out buying more things that I need. The had bleach, and a sign saying limit 2 gallon, I get that. 

We bought before the craziness.  We had 1/2 gallon of bleach at home so my wife thought that we should buy another one.  OK, so I put one gallon in the cart. A good idea I thought. 

But what do you even need two gallons for, let alone more such that there is a restriction?  A little bit in a whole pale of water can disinfect a lot of stuff.  Is having 50 gallons of bleach going to make you safe?

My disappointment in people is getting worse.   They waited until everything went crazy to even think about this problem and gather supplies to last through a reasonable period of time and now are buying huge amounts of things that you really do not need that much of, causing more problems. 

Three weeks ago we were in the store and I told my wife, "Look at how calm everything is right now, in a few weeks this will be insane."  But I was thinking that people would be buying items they needed, not a cart full of TP and gallons of bleach.  WTF? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I picked up a couple gallons of the real deal "Regular" bleach a couple of weeks ago. This whole place needs pressure washing and a machine won't fit in the Honda that she "Had to Have". so I mix the TSP & bleach in a bucket and use a big brush on a stick and turned the front walk +steps and back entrance from almost black like the asphalt to almost concrete looking last week.

That used a whole gallon. I could not find it in any of the stores the other day so I'm not starting on the back patio and walk and upper slab until I can get more that would take two then another to go over all of it again to maybe get it the rest of the way to looking pressure washed. Still have that half gallon in the laundry untouched, don't need more than that usually.

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

My store doubled the price of blueberries.

JJK

We have a close friend who runs a major food bank. Well last spring/summer they got a semi load of nearly overripe blueberries. Some store chain got a double shipment by accident. Anyway the food bank could not store nor distribute that volume of perishable fruit. So the place gave them to any willing parties and we got cases of blueberries and 2 cases of cilantro. We juiced them all and froze them into cubes. That works pretty well for blueberries but the cilantro is very strong. In fact our bench freezer could keep us going for a year even before this whole viral scare.

32 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

My Mom raised 7 children before disposable diapers were invented. Sh*ty diapers were just a normal part of life.

We all have modern laundry machines. Oh, lets not forget snotty Hankies. All comes out in the wash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greg_M said:

The thing is that eventually all these people will have bought up enough to last them years and I suspect they will quit buying.

Will the bottom drop out of the market then? Will the lack of sales put the toilet paper industry on the rocks?

Same with hand sanitizer.

Here's my bottom line, if you are someone that is hoarding anything that stops those most venerable, from getting the basic items that they need to protect themselves and survive in their homes, you should be ashamed of yourselves and give those items to those that are most at risk.  My wife and I have contacted the seniors that we know to specifically ask them if we can go to the store and bring them what they need, prescriptions, food, anything, since they are scared to death, justified or not, to leave the house.  When we go to the stores to do this, we're faced with bare shelves from absolute A holes that are doing the complete opposite and hoarding items that disrupt the supply and leave those most vulnerable, exposed and fearful.  

We, are prepared, and have been for years, so I give no free passes to those that are part of the problem, and whomever that may be, you need to rethink your decisions and start being a good human and a good neighbour.   

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I picked up a couple gallons of the real deal "Regular" bleach a couple of weeks ago. This whole place needs pressure washing and a machine won't fit in the Honda that she "Had to Have". so I mix the TSP & bleach in a bucket and use a big brush on a stick and turned the front walk +steps and back entrance from almost black like the asphalt to almost concrete looking last week.

That used a whole gallon. I could not find it in any of the stores the other day so I'm not starting on the back patio and walk and upper slab until I can get more that would take two then another to go over all of it again to maybe get it the rest of the way to looking pressure washed. Still have that half gallon in the laundry untouched, don't need more than that usually.

Well that makes sense.  You should also have a gallon on hand to sanitize as it is useful. But if they had to limit it, people had to be buying huge quantities. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, geoff. said:

In two months the foodbanks will be overstocked with all the stuff people don’t want because they are celebrating by dining out again.

Hope so.

35 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Is having 50 gallons of bleach going to make you safe?

I bought one gallon, not because they didn't have a lot, they didn't and it's just how I am. Now if it were audio equipment.....

23 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

My disappointment in people is getting worse.  

Mine too, and I don't know how much more disappointmenter I can get. I do keep in mind that there are a lot more good people than bad.

26 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

They waited until everything went crazy to even think about this problem and gather supplies to last through a reasonable period of time and now are buying huge amounts of things that you really do not need that much of, causing more problems. 

They could be planning on and planting a garden too, but 'they' are used to others doing the thinking, planning and work. 

29 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Three weeks ago we were in the store and I told my wife, "Look at how calm everything is right now, in a few weeks this will be insane."  But I was thinking that people would be buying items they needed, not a cart full of TP and gallons of bleach.  WTF? 

Right after 911, I pointed out to my kids, as we drove around, all of the American flags and how united we all felt. I made the passing statement that the flags will stop flying and the unitedness will wane. I didn't think it would get to the level that it did after the last presidential election. 

Again, I still believe there is a lot more good than bad. 

31 minutes ago, NADman said:

What, no onions or relish?

it's no holiday here.  I'm a bachelor, I into quick & easy.  cutting up onions ... I'll wait for Thanksgiving.  Love onions, but not about to cut them up just for me. Love relish too, but then I'd have to put down the hot dog and open the jar of relish ... I was hungry right then.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Looks like WV won. Every other state has a least 1 case, WV still zero. 

That's because if you enter our lovely state of West Virginia and have Coronavirus, we shoot you.  😃

I'm kidding, of course...

• Like 2