Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

And I can MAKE ammo, but I'm not stupid, I put back more than enough a long time ago!

I have a whole hell of a lot of gun friends from personal relationships and over a dozen sites I frequent and from what I am hearing, this is not happening nearly as much out in rural communities as it is with City Idiots.

Just my take...   Roger

Once again the contraction “Citiots” comes into play.

Self-absorbed, keeping up with the Jones’s wannabes.

Social Contagion affects them the most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

I’m 71, but healthy and fit.  Nevertheless, this looks like Darwinian thinning of the herd, taking out the sick and elderly.

Neil ... just identify as a 21 year old ... that's all it takes to create your own reality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

This might be an 8 week ordeal and my place of business might just shut down for the duration .

I hope they are helping financially or that the government comes through on helping out people in your spot. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I was just at Rural King buying some dry dog food.  Then I went by the gun aisle and to my horror there was a run on ammo.  There were NO .22's, .38's pr 9mm on the shelf. 

What are your priorities, would you rather have the store run out of bread or 9mm?

I can make bread.  😎

and there are no cases of the virus in WV -- what are the folks in your state going to do if it hits?  (which I hope it doesn't).

49 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

For goodness sakes Richie ... encouraging someone to think ... have you gone mad?

Although this is quite tempting....

Look, we don't know what we don't know.  No matter which........idiot tells us that it's all going to go away.....like a freaking miracle......the biggest miracle ever......

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Look, we don't know what we don't know.  No matter which........idiot tells us that it's all going to go away.....like a freaking miracle......the biggest miracle ever......

I spent over 20 years in a crisis response organization. Rapidly changing situations are challenging. I"ve been involved in the response to jet aircraft falling out of the sky into the ocean, among myriad other casualties. We prepared a Lessons Learned after major catastrophes. They were very helpful when we could contact another unit and see how they responded ... what succeeded and what failed. Responding to a new crisis is not easy and the responsibility of protecting people physically, emotionally, and financially is something that most of us have never been tasked with.  Not a job that I would want. 

a friend of mine was the commanding officer of a unit where the waters were treacherous, he told me that he never slept a full night the entire four years that he was CO.  Every time he sent a boat out, he was concerned about their safety. It's a whole new ballgame when you're the one making the decisions that could result in life or death for the people involved. 

it's a sobering experience seeing people like you and me, wrestle with this incredible pressure. in fact, there is a thing in the Coast Guard called "Responsibility Pay," and it's something that I support completely. Most people never have to make decisions that affect anyone other than themselves let alone others. 

32 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Manilla is under lockdown.  City of 20 million.  Located really close to the equator and good and hot.  Looks like it is not going to go away or substantially slow down during the hotter weather. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/manila-turns-ghost-town-coronavirus-lockdown-200315121507679.html

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I spent over 20 years in a crisis response organization. Rapidly changing situations are challenging. I"ve been involved in the response to jet aircraft falling out of the sky into the ocean, among myriad other casualties. We prepared a Lessons Learned after major catastrophes. They were very helpful when we could contact another unit and see how they responded ... what succeeded and what failed. Responding to a new crisis is not easy and the responsibility of protecting people physically, emotionally, and financially is something that most of us have never been tasked with.  Not a job that I would want. 

a friend of mine was the commanding officer of a unit where the waters were treacherous, he told me that he never slept a full night the entire four years that he was CO.  Every time he sent a boat out, he was concerned about their safety. It's a whole new ballgame when you're the one making the decisions that could result in life or death for the people involved. 

it's a sobering experience seeing people like you and me, wrestle with this incredible pressure. in fact, there is a thing in the Coast Guard called "Responsibility Pay," and it's something that I support completely. Most people never have to make decisions that affect anyone other than themselves let alone others. 

Sounds like a normal decent person with empathy for others...

Back to our regular discussion. 

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

I worked in TV news from '69-'80. Everyone I worked with, and all those I met, worked hard to be balanced and fair. A couple I met died doing their jobs so people here could see what was going on in Viet Nam, and during some of the fiascos in South America.

I'm done

Come on Bruce, the new monger thing was not my quote. 

29 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

it's a sobering experience seeing people like you and me, wrestle with this incredible pressure. in fact, there is a thing in the Coast Guard called "Responsibility Pay,"

and let's be honest with one another for a change, the current administration certainly isn't.....

We should all have "Responsibility Pay".....of some kind or another.....

• Sad 1

Even with their draconian measures, China is still registering new cases. It could very well blow up on them again. Imagine if they had done nothing. Europe responded too late and is paying the price, and will continue to do so - same with Iran. 

The first reported case in the US was near the end of January. We now have infections in just about every state. We are just now fully waking up to the problem. It is too late. This is moving just like influenza. 

After two people stepped into my cube and leaned in to tell me something, I made signs - one for my cube and one for the office door. One of the signs has the definition of “asymptomatic transmission” on it. What I’m learning is that most are both ignorant and insensitive. If my wife gets this she will probably die. 

I have no respect for, or patience with naysayers. Some of you may end up being right, but you are playing Russian roulette with people’s lives when you feed into that narrative.

Personally, I think we’re in deep shit. My Dad, who never gets much excited about anything, refuses to leave the house - even for groceries. He spent 30 years working in hospitals as a MLT.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The Lifecare skilled nursing facility in Kirkland, Washington has 150 beds. I do not know what their census was when Coronavirus 1st walked in their door. But assuming they were full.......   as of now 20% of them have succumbed to the disease. There are over 50 million Americans over the age of 65......  all of whom now walk the line.

Individually our personal actions will help determine if we follow in the footsteps of Italy or those of South Korea with this virus. Science and industry needs time to gain approaches to fight this disease. And - despite what we do in America this is gonna be a really ‘bad’ year for any 3rd world country. Respectfully if you cannot genuinely grasp the gravity of the situation - then humor us all by doing as suggested. Follow the guidelines..... hoard anything you wish....... just follow the guidelines.

7 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

and let's be honest with one another for a change, the current administration certainly isn't.....

Are you absolutely clueless as to why you get put in time out or can you just not help yourself?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

It wouldn’t surprise me if this situation turns out to be a method of population control as advocated by many over the years.  Some of the following quotes paint a grim picture:

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/30-population-control-quotes-that-show-that-the-elite-truly-believe-that-humans-are-a-plague-upon-the-earth

Also, Kissinger’s 1974 NSSM 200 report contains frightening implications.   It is available on line for those who want to read it.

My friends in the medical field often talk about how lethal pathogens seem to “escape” from bioterrorism labs.  And, biological agents have been tested on our own citizens without knowledge or consent going back to the 1930s (the Tuskegee syphilis study and, Operation Sea-spray come to mind).

My area now has severe food shortages and it is only a matter of time until rioting starts.

Maynard

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if this situation turns out to be a method of population control as advocated by many over the years.  Some of the following quotes paint a grim picture:

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/30-population-control-quotes-that-show-that-the-elite-truly-believe-that-humans-are-a-plague-upon-the-earth

Also, Kissinger’s 1974 NSSM 200 report contains frightening implications.   It is available on line for those who want to read it.

My friends in the medical field often talk about how lethal pathogens seem to “escape” from bioterrorism labs.  And, biological agents have been tested on our own citizens without knowledge or consent going back to the 1930s (the Tuskegee syphilis study and, Operation Sea-spray come to mind).

My area now has severe food shortages and it is only a matter of time until rioting starts.

Maynard

Pissing in the wind is not a good strategy for staying dry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1