Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

3 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

They direct you to cover a cough and then warn you not to touch your face. Can’t adequately do both.

Lift the neck of your t-shirt and cough or sneeze under it, been doing that since I went to transplant-list training classes. I've seen people that have witnessed this like they had a lightbulb go off in their head about it.

If you do have germs and are intimate with someone you would take care of it prior I hope.

If everyone else in the room is waiting on an operation to stay alive they'll thank you!

If you get in a wreck.... ya know "with clean underwear on" medical folks practice Universal Precautions if they have to take it off

• Haha 1

I'll share a sad story. 

I had a friend / co worker who was Mormon who was stressed out over our job.  Don't blame him, it was stressful.  A doctor prescribed Xanax. I told him not to touch that stuff, that it was addictive and dangerous.  I said to go to his doctor and get a prescription for a glass of wine every night to keep his vows. 

He said that he could not do that and that would not fly with the church.  This was years ago just before the great recession.  I found out about a year ago that he died strung out on the stuff.  Left behind a wife and three daughters.  That really hurt.  Great guy and a really talented attorney.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Same here.  I don't dislike any of them really, just disagree on their ridiculous beliefs.  But as in Team America, "sometimes beliefs are all we have"....

I don't agree with any of it, but I have friends that I do not agree with. I don't agree with any extreme right wing republican stuff or any extreme left wing democratic stuff either.  But I can be friends with people, just avoid topics (and we will do so here, let's keep this thread going).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It could have just as easily been alcohol in his case.  Some people can't handle drugs.  

002.gif                    023.gif             118.gif             025.gif              011.gif021.gif

• Like 1

I am streaming news from yesterday evening noting 6,010 active cases in the USA, while looking at the current cases as of today being 9,077 cases.  A 33% increase in less than 24 hours.  I realize more testing, but jeez, that is a huge increase. 

Gaining momentum at a very steep rate. 

• Like 1

I read something earlier today where something like 77% of seniors and another high percentage of young people said that there was "no way" that they'd get the virus.

that publication is either flat out lying or we have a very serious case of denial in this country. 

take precautions ... if not for yourself, for others.  Geez, is their life so exciting that they can't scale back for a short time for the GG (greater good.  anyone that watches the show MONK will understand the GG).

You have to be smart about this. Take precautions. 

I've got cabin fever badly, and missing the pilgrimage, but, its smart. "Hoping" on less than 8 weeks. I feel bad for my students. They are missing out on the fun end of the year stuff. 

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

I read something earlier today where something like 77% of seniors and another high percentage of young people said that there was "no way" that they'd get the virus.

that publication is either flat out lying or we have a very serious case of denial in this country. 

take precautions ... if not for yourself, for others.  Geez, is their life so exciting that they can't scale back for a short time for the GG (greater good.  anyone that watches the show MONK will understand the GG).

You want Americans to step outside of their comfort zone?  Or Europeans for that matter. 

During dinner I was telling my wife that our big 'sacrifice' was eating shrimp tacos with no lettuce, only cilantro, and pistachios and Maha (a coconut milk pudding desert).  She is making homemade apple fritters tomorrow.  

Is this really suffering or does everyone need to just shut up and deal with this? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

During dinner I was telling my wife that our big 'sacrifice' was eating shrimp tacos with no lettuce, only cilantro, and pistachios and Maha (a coconut milk pudding desert).  She is making homemade apple fritters tomorrow.  

Is this really suffering or does everyone need to just shut up and deal with this? 

sounds like you got it rough.

Apple Fritters?  I'm not much on sweets but I love apple fritters. 

just think how people in 1918 and during other pandemics endured.  Probably better off without the internet. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

sounds like you got it rough.

Apple Fritters?  I'm not much on sweets but I love apple fritters. 

just think how people in 1918 and during other pandemics endured.  Probably better off without the internet. 

We don't eat many sweets, but we stopped going to restaurants.  We used to go two times a week on weekends.  We are both losing weight from no restaurant food so if making these things makes her happy, I'm good with it. 

I do love apple fritters, the only doughnut that I will eat, but only occasionally. 

• Like 1