Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

sounds like when I was about 20 ... parties would often have some sort of jungle juice which I think was every type of alcohol that you could find poured into some sort of fruit punch.

Spodie…(sp?)…where you add fruit. If you used minimal juice and good alcohol, they would turn out pretty good. The fruit was excellent the day after.

But everyone would buy dirt cheap liquor, or some clown would buy Gin...

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Then it was Bacardi 151

My liquor of choice in High School. That stuff will ruin your day...

• Haha 1

I hope you are right Carl.  Then this would be a bunch of hoopla.  However with hospitals cancelling elective surgeries.  Not accepting any more admissions as I have been told is the case with the Roseburg VA hospital, I feel the need for caution.  I'm afraid to go get a shot for a bone spur, as well as other medical issues that are necessary.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am streaming news from yesterday evening noting 6,010 active cases in the USA, while looking at the current cases as of today being 9,077 cases.  A 33% increase in less than 24 hours.  I realize more testing, but jeez, that is a huge increase. 

Gaining momentum at a very steep rate. 

Yes, huge increases reflect more testing as opposed to faster spreading.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

USNS Mercy and Comfort, the navies 2 hospital ships, will be deployed to assist in supporting healthcare needs for the country. They are huge supertankers fully converted to be 1000 bed trauma centers. One will cover the east coast, the other the west coast. Though run by the navy, the medical personnel will be civilian contractors. These were outfitted to support war trauma needs and are not set up to deal with infectious diseases. So they have huge wards of beds instead of spaces which would allow for isolation cases. In this application they are not intended to treat covid cases but to augment the standard trauma care needs seen daily in our major cities. This is where the shootings and auto accident cases can be sent for trauma care alleviating their burden on land based hospitals thus allowing them to focus on covid cases. Mercy is under way to New York City. Comfort will lag about a week as it was in the midst of a retrofit.

They’ll need to make certain that no covid patients are among those accepted for treatment lest they become floating Petri dishes.

On another note ventilator manufacturers are receiving massive orders for product. The orders are coming from all around the world. And, as with most industries, these manufacturers simply cannot instantly ratchet up their production by 100 fold. As much as they respect the demand they expressed hope that nobody would require the volume of these devices being purchased. Unlike polio, ventilator care for covid patients is a lot more involved. It requires more sophisticated equipment and more sophisticated personnel to safely and effectively use that equipment. And we start into this conundrum in short supplies of both.

As you can see just getting the logistics set-up is a serious challenge. If we have to actually activate these resources it will be a stretch and a strain to run them efficiently. But this is all the planet has. Several world leaders have used the term ‘war’. We are at war with a pathogen. Think of that ‘Rosie the riveter’ WW2 determination. For now our part in this scheme is to not ‘feed’ this virus new avenues to spread. Do your part to ‘hide’. Let’s starve it out of existence.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes, huge increases reflect more testing as opposed to faster spreading.

Logic and common sense do not have a part in this manufactured crisis. Please do not try logic and common sense as it is not appreciated. I think I have just lost all interest in watching the hype overtake reality and ponder how all these hand wringers worry over a few deaths from the Wuhan virus but do not collapse into quivering masses of terror over the 20,000 plus who will die from flu in the USA this year. Somehow when the news media did not go all ape s--t over the 60,000 plus deaths in the USA alone in 2017-18 these current worriers did not live in fear. How can that be? It saddens me that so many can be told what to think and then do so without any critical analyses of the topic at hand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Logic and common sense do not have a part in this manufactured crisis. Please do not try logic and common sense as it is not appreciated. I think I have just lost all interest in watching the hype overtake reality and ponder how all these hand wringers worry over a few deaths from the Wuhan virus but do not collapse into quivering masses of terror over the 20,000 plus who will die from flu in the USA this year. Somehow when the news media did not go all ape s--t over the 60,000 plus deaths in the USA alone in 2017-18 these current worriers did not live in fear. How can that be? It saddens me that so many can be told what to think and then do so without any critical analyses of the topic at hand.

If you’re not part of the solution...... you become part of the problem.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Logic and common sense do not have a part in this manufactured crisis.

Does this mean you will not participate in suggestions by the government about how to keep yourself virus free?

Like social distancing, etc.

• Like 1

I have left the house 1 time in the last month. I don't think it's going to do any good if my wife goes shopping and comes home with whatever is lurking out there. Luckily, we have no confirmed cases in our county. BTW, I consider it a privilege to stay home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 6:35 PM, sunburnwilly said:

Well here in Charleston SC effective midnight tonight no more gatherings of 50 or more people in a place at a given time . This might be an 8 week ordeal and my place of business might just shut down for the duration .

image.png.d1e7ba62075003615a0e66227bfdbffc.png

I know everywhere Cat plays has cancelled her. I'm assuming you guys shut down completely. Really sorry man. I don't know what's going to happen here. I know HVAC is still pretty critical but we rely on New Construction projects. It's getting weird. Stay in touch.

• Like 1