Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

15 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

funny .... the alcohol transition.  When I was a freshman in high school it was Boone's Farm.  Then it was Bacardi 151. Then Two Fingers Tequila. Ah, the fun of high school.

I wasn't any better. Sloe gin at the high school football games then a 6er of my dad's Shlitz Malt Liquor And the rest of the weekend in the loo!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

USNS Mercy and Comfort, the navies 2 hospital ships, will be deployed to assist in supporting healthcare needs for the country. They are huge supertankers fully converted to be 1000 bed trauma centers. One will cover the east coast, the other the west coast. Though run by the navy, the medical personnel will be civilian contractors. These were outfitted to support war trauma needs and are not set up to deal with infectious diseases. So they have huge wards of beds instead of spaces which would allow for isolation cases. In this application they are not intended to treat covid cases but to augment the standard trauma care needs seen daily in our major cities. This is where the shootings and auto accident cases can be sent for trauma care alleviating their burden on land based hospitals thus allowing them to focus on covid cases. Mercy is under way to New York City. Comfort will lag about a week as it was in the midst of a retrofit.

Yes, they need to handle the routine stuff and not the Covid.  I remember seeing a woman who was a former long term governmental employee in the news when Puerto Rico had their disaster happened saying that they needed to send the Comfort down there immediately.  Forget her name, but that is the mark of experience.  She knew exactly what to do because she had been doing this for so long.  We need people like her in charge in these times of crisis. 

6 hours ago, Marvel said:

That's maja, isn't it. Love it, too!

I said in a previous post, I cannot spell 😁

5 hours ago, kevinmi said:

I have left the house 1 time in the last month. I don't think it's going to do any good if my wife goes shopping and comes home with whatever is lurking out there. Luckily, we have no confirmed cases in our county. BTW, I consider it a privilege to stay home.

I wish you were my mother, kind of.  I cannot get her to stop going to the f'ing store.  She is in a high risk group and just will not listen even though she keeps telling me that she understand. 😡

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Next question for opinion.

Microwave besides the obvious (?)

have any use as killing a virus?

TIA

No n food items.

Just make sure you get the food to say 170 degrees and hold it there for at least 5 minutes.  This is from my food service training 25 years ago. Your stove is your friend here. 

• Like 1

The German Chancellor Miss Angela Merkel spoke yesterday on German TV of the greatest challenge ( COVId 19 ) that Germany must ever face after the Second World War, precisely because our indirect neighbour Italy is the most affected country in Europe. While the COVID-19 case number in countries like Germany, France and Spain increased tenfold within 8 days after reaching the 100th case, the virus spread much faster in South Korea and Italy in the first week after the 100th case. The number of confirmed cases of the lung disease COVID-19 worldwide amounts to approx. 219,000 cases by March 19. Italy was the country outside of China with more than 35,500 confirmed cases. The number of deaths worldwide rose to about 8,800 by this date.

• Like 1

My wife and 2 sons and I went to NYC for Spring break.  When we left on March 10, there were no reported cases of the Wuhan virus in Manhattan (we stayed at a hotel in the Times Square area). Today, there are 976 cases in Manhattan.  None of us are sick.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, geoff. said:

I don’t understand how, in 2020, with spy satellites ANYTHING goes un-noticed in the world.

Unless it’s intentional.

Intention is considered. We do not always broadcast our intentions.

There are eyes in the sky always looking for threats and cheaters. Taken indoors or underground, we rely on other device capability. Sometimes eyes on the ground called for and expected.