Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

39 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Interesting read, thanks...

Taking zinc supplement but thinking zinc used here as an agent for the base experiment

and conclusion.

21 minutes ago, billybob said:

Taking zinc supplement but thinking zinc used here as an agent for the base experiment

and conclusion.

Could it be as simple as something being used in an anti-allergy medication?

• Like 1

Just now, dwilawyer said:

I now personally know one conformed case of Covid-2019, and two who were exposed to a confirmed case (a Forum member and his wife) from Texas. They are locked up for two weeks.

Sorry to hear that. Best to them.. thanks!

So how bad is it, economy wise - spoke with a gasoline tanker driver while riding my bicycle through the station and he has heard it discussed that some of the bigger outlets are considering having their fuel picked up due to plummeting sales —

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, billybob said:

and conclusion.

You have to make sure the Zinc you are taking is precisely what the studies used on colds, etc. Most packaged Zinc "cold remedy" supplements don't have enough Zinc in them to be effective. Check that carefully. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

You have to make sure the Zinc you are taking is precisely what the studies used on colds, etc. Most packaged Zinc "cold remedy" supplements don't have enough Zinc in them to be effective. Check that carefully. 

Hell with zinc - I’m getting desperate, resorting to melting the tin from my tinned copper speaker wires - 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Bought at my local pharmacy. Quantum brand TheraZinc. Ten dollars for 14 large melting lozenges. When finished it stays on the back of my throat for several minutes. Using as a prophylactic. Thanks!

Edit: Pharmacy did not recc. ZiCam for zinc content. ?

• Like 1

FWIW.

Here in Chicago the streets are pretty much empty.  We have some fog which contibutes to the effect.  Like Sherlock and Watson.

My employer has finally gotten the work at home system working after some exasperating problems.  The person writing instructions really mess up.  IT response is very delayed.  I'm told that having a working work at home system up and running for our crew attracts enterprise customers.

I visited the local Walmart grocery.  Yes there are voids in some staples.  Only generic tuna is left.  But canned chicken, bread, peanut butter, and jelly are on the shelf.  There seems to be no problem with milk.  I'm going back tomorrow to see if I can buy a sack of potatoes.

Walgreens is similar but there is no lack of milk, beer and wine.  I suppose people could survive for weeks on a few  cases of beer.

I'm cynical about the politicos using this as an excuse to get their pusses on the tube.

WMcD

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WMcD said:

FWIW.

Here in Chicago the streets are pretty much empty.  We have some fog which contibutes to the effect.  Like Sherlock and Watson.

My employer has finally gotten the work at home system working after some exasperating problems.  The person writing instructions really mess up.  IT response is very delayed.  I'm told that having a working work at home system up and running for our crew attracts enterprise customers.

I visited the local Walmart grocery.  Yes there are voids in some staples.  Only generic tuna is left.  But canned chicken, bread, peanut butter, and jelly are on the shelf.  There seems to be no problem with milk.  I'm going back tomorrow to see if I can buy a sack of potatoes.

Walgreens is similar but there is no lack of milk, beer and wine.  I suppose people could survive for weeks on a few  cases of beer.

I'm cynical about the politicos using this as an excuse to get their pusses on the tube.

WMcD

I'm in downtown Chicago everyday.  Its quiet, never seen the city so slow.  Just worried about my wife getting this.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, WMcD said:

Yuuuuup, any chance they can.  You'll see networks limiting live coverage if they continue.  Updating it on the nightly news or running it continuously on the news channels.  

• Like 1