Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

but I smiled and wished the other shoppers well as I was filling my cart with enough toilet paper to last a year and a half. 

no reason stores can't be the same as they are on a normal day.  I mean, did half the country suddenly decide to start using toilet paper?  if what they were buying before was enough, why take more now?  because people are selfish and they suck -- everywhere that I've lived at least.

I think gov Abbott came out and addressed hoarding due to what has been going on.  I've heard some first hand accounts of altercations around here.  I personally have had no issues other than not being able to find the stuff we normally buy.

1 minute ago, Pete H said:

So the shelves were fully stocked?  No shortages?  Everyone where you shop is civil and not hoarding?  If that's the case, it would be the only part of the country, or your state that it would be the case, and would be commendable, to say the least.  

Reread and you will see that I said they are stocking up.  Does a lot of people in aggregate stocking up, leading to sparse shelves, automatically infer hoarding?  No, there were not carts full of nothing but this or that, just a lot of full carts.  And civil?  Yes, completely, without even an atmospheric feeling of hostility or competition.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greg_M said:

New Mexico has 27 cases as of yesterday.

Most are up around Albuquerque and Santa Fe (the special people). We have 2 in Socorro Country who came back from Egypt with it and are self quarantining.

In Catron Country (where I live) there are none. We have a population density (average) of one person per 2 square miles.

It's mail day so I will be going to the mail boxes at 10 to get the mail. That's one of my biggest exposure days of which there are 3 per week.

We have been self quarantining for years.

Might go to Walmart next week in Socorro.

We 'House Sat' for an older couple in/above Datil NM quite a few years ago. Had a few drinks in Socorro. A local mechanic had to reset the timing

on the old ford PU because it wouldn't even get us up the driveway. Did a tour of the dish array. No security in those days. Quite a change of scenery

from the prairies of Canuck land.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, billybob said:

And if I should find myself on the business end of a ventilator, will be more than happy to have anyone, highly trained to use the machine operating it. If a highly trained person is not available, will be happy to have a novice that is supervised, home in to my condition. Would like to think contingencys in place. Not ideal but will not complain.

Hopefully, this may be totally unnecessary scenario.

Many thanks for the medical responders among other ones.

I have no experience in the medical profession, but I have worked in two professions, engineering and law. 

May or may not mean anything.  Competence varies by a huge amount depending on who's desk your matter lands on, I'm sure medical is the same as I have had some really lousy doctors.  And don't get too excited by fancy credentials. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Reread and you will see that I said they are stocking up.  Does a lot of people in aggregate stocking up, leading to sparse shelves, automatically infer hoarding?  No, there were not carts full of nothing but this or that, just a lot of full carts.  And civil?  Yes, completely, without even an atmospheric feeling of hostility or competition.

What stores do you shop at?