Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

10 minutes ago, Randyh said:

this aint WW3  , this is a medical  outbreak ---------you can't eat ammo

true -- but my amp is silly loud and I'll bang out some chords that will make you forget that you have no toilet paper. after listening, you may wish that you had TP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I agree.  I just saw an Olive Garden commercial advertising their "endless pasta bowl."  What they heck?  are we supposed to get it, take it home, then go back for more?

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Yes.  And we should all demand that, as evil hoarders.  Pasta freezes relatively well.  (bring back the empty bowl for proof)

local independent restaurant

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157083401956915&id=210633121914&__tn__=*s*s-R

This Covid 19 thing is a shot in the arm for McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, etc as their business model has been to eliminate in store traffic and increase drive by. All of the new McDonald's buildings have downsized the interior seating and parking lot spaces by 62% to promote the double drive by system. This information verbally direct from the owners of franchises.

JJK

• Like 3

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

What is predictable will be the denial, and the shooting of the messenger because of dislike for the message.  Like earthquakes, not impressive either.

The number of messengers needing to be shot will be matched by the number of denials which are already happening.  

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Hiding the truth?  Listening to Xi instead of his own agencies?  Conspiracy?  Here is some food for thought boys, keep thinking outside your boxes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-intelligence-reports-from-january-and-february-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/ar-BB11udi8?ocid=spartanntp

(this isn't meant for political debate.  it is meant to show how the truth is simpler than outlandish conspiracy theories or wild speculation)

I wonder if the authors of this article were smart enough to drill down on the "anonymous" sources to look at their specific actions regarding any of their personal investments and routines that logically, would have been altered, based on that information and specifically, at the times that they claimed there were "ominous classified warnings".  Just thinking outside the box and my opinion is, and will continue to be, "if you find the box with the money, you're moving closer to the truth."

The stock act that was passed applied to lawmakers, but in my opinion, anyone that was privy to early information, that was not made available to the public, should have all of their financial records reviewed with any suspicious trades made public.  I personally would extend that to any foreign investors in the U.S. markets that were early sell offs prior to the decline.  There is no justification for insider trading that obviously has, and will continue to happen, until the rules apply to everyone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Hiding the truth?  Listening to Xi instead of his own agencies?  Conspiracy?  Here is some food for thought boys, keep thinking outside your boxes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-intelligence-reports-from-january-and-february-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/ar-BB11udi8?ocid=spartanntp

(this isn't meant for political debate.  it is meant to show how the truth is simpler than outlandish conspiracy theories or wild speculation)

But you can't leave politics out of news gathering when your link is to a left leaning publication that endorsed Democrats in the last 9 presidential elections.  That being said I don't believe in any of the conspiracy theories surrounding the origin of the virus.  I also believe that there's more that could have been done in preparation for the virus, especially when looking at this situation with my hindsight glasses on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

Was posted here earlier about that medicine then, went away.

She's been talking about it all week.

Did the one you saw have the French review/test/chart/recommendation?

11 minutes ago, Greg_M said:

Just saw a researcher giving his finding. This you posted along with Z-pack also called a six pack, is new to me, as not been watching much TV news.

Glad to hear doctor's aware of the drugs usefulness and use of, in lieu of other. RA med may be cool too. Thanks again.

We shall see the results.

Think was @JohnJ posted on Monday or Tuesday.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I agree about the lean, although the actual reporting isnt as leaning as the op-ed page.  Similar to the nyt, if you stay away from op-ed it is generally reliable.  No one is perfect however.

It "leans" to the extent it fails to address an important policy consideration in terms of whether to start wrecking the economy now or hope like hell you can avoid it.

2 minutes ago, jason str said:

Turns out Dad had a heart attack,  his condition has improved but still in critical care isolation.

No word yet if it had anything to do with any virus.

Best to him in his recovery.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jason str said:

Turns out Dad had a heart attack,  his condition has improved but still in critical care isolation.

Strange times when hearing "it was a heart attack" may actually be good news.

Best to you, your family and your dad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jason str said:

Not great but GREAT news!  Sucks that he had one but he's alive and very treatable! You know the diagnosis and now can move forward with a game plan.  My wife will be in the hospital for the next week but am not going to worry myself with her safety being there, might be the best place to be.  So my prayers are with you and your family in these crazy times and wish your dad a speedy recovery.  Things happen for a reason and we cannot control things that are out of our control, so don't fret Jay, he'll be taken care of.  If he needs surgery, then he needs surgery.  The Doctors aren't going anywhere and you live in an area of the country where you access to the top medical field.  He'll be good. I feel for you bro.  Head up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greg_M said:

All the major news networks have mentioned the possibility of these drugs. They have been around for years, are readily available and could be given to someone when they first get tested, before the actual result for a Covid-19 test is known. This way they could be ahead on treatment if they come back positive.